waren613

Please read, asking for your opinion

10 posts in this topic

Hi VJers,

First off, I noticed not only me got RFE but lately I read so many of us are receiving RFE (either docs were already sent or forgot to sent). I have been to other immigration forum and a lot of them got RFE too? ANY thoughts about it?

Well for an update after getting my case reopened (interview deschedule victim), my Atty got a RFE asking for my original BC (no photocopy) and my wife 2 passport pics again. We mailed it and today I got a receipt from CRIS they already recieved the requested docs. I have no idea what will happen next? ANY GUESS???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

I am not sure what your question is about?

All I wonder is will you ever get back original birth certificate.

07/29/2006 – I-129 sent to Vermont

08/04/2006 - NOA1

08/28/2006 - NOA2 - approved

09/01/2006 - NVC - approved

09/07/2006 - Warsaw embassy sent packet 3 (damn post services, never received any)

09/18/2006 - packet 3 sent (Nothing fails)

09/27 - received packet 4

10/10 - medical exam

10/19 - INTERVIEW!

10/20 - received visa

11/7 - arrived in USA, POE YFK

1/19 - Married

02/23/2007 - Civil Surgeon (checked just vaccines for $ 25)

05/04/2007 - AOS package sent to Chicago

05/11/2007 - NOA1

05/15/2007 - NOA2 - ASC appointment letter about biometrics

05/24/2007 - RFE about tax forms w-2 and 1099!!!

06/05/2007 - Biometrics

21/06/2007 - NOA3 - Transfered to California

10/07/2007 - AOS approved, card production ordered!!!

19/07/2007 - Half year marriage anniversary - GC arrives!!!

07/08/2009 - Package sent (My cover letter 40 peaces of evidence)

07/14/2009 - check was cashed

07/10/2009 - NOA 1 received, GK extended for a year

07/17/2009 - received biometrics letter with my case number

08/06/2009 - scheduled biometrics appointment

11/16/2009 - approval

12/01/2009 - touched - card production ordered

2/26/2010 - got ten year card

No more departures!!!

No more typing!!!

Ne mirkli Tu neesi atstājis manas domas,

Tā, ka manas domas aizmirsa pat aizmirstību.

Mīļotais ir ienācis manā teltī,

Un mana sirds ir mulsas pārņemta.

All I wonder is will you ever get back original birth certificate.

He might get his orig. BC back, after the interview upon discretion of the officer OR he can make a written request by filling out this form (I just read something about it but haven't tried it)..I learn new things here :)

Click here!

G-884 Request for the Return of Original Documents

Edited by mysticbluerose

Thanks guys but my question is why they are asking for my ORIGINAL birth certificate? I am supposed to bring that on the interview. They even mention photocopy of BC will not suffice. Just wondering....

I have read something (but I have to get back at it and post another time here) about such request for certain countries... Can you fill us in with your timeline and profile? It could help. Thanks!

Edited by mysticbluerose

Thanks guys but my question is why they are asking for my ORIGINAL birth certificate? I am supposed to bring that on the interview. They even mention photocopy of BC will not suffice. Just wondering....

I have read something (but I have to get back at it and post another time here) about such request for certain countries... Can you fill us in with your timeline and profile? It could help. Thanks!

I am your "kababayan" from Phils. What is it all about?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

So you had two original birth certificates?

t

Hi VJers,

First off, I noticed not only me got RFE but lately I read so many of us are receiving RFE (either docs were already sent or forgot to sent). I have been to other immigration forum and a lot of them got RFE too? ANY thoughts about it?

Well for an update after getting my case reopened (interview deschedule victim), my Atty got a RFE asking for my original BC (no photocopy) and my wife 2 passport pics again. We mailed it and today I got a receipt from CRIS they already recieved the requested docs. I have no idea what will happen next? ANY GUESS???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Latvia
Timeline

Oh, then, this question is unanswerable. We don't know why they want something. We just play with them and try to protect ourselves. So try to get this back after all is done. Actually I didn't heard that they ask things like this. Because for example, birth certificate and my passport actually owns my country. lol.

You better fill in your timeline. Because, for example. When I was born Latvia was still country occupated by USSR, It inst now for almost 20 years. But if I would use my old birth certificate, it would be from not existing country, so it doesn't have any legal power. So i went to archive and get new one.

07/29/2006 – I-129 sent to Vermont

08/04/2006 - NOA1

08/28/2006 - NOA2 - approved

09/01/2006 - NVC - approved

09/07/2006 - Warsaw embassy sent packet 3 (damn post services, never received any)

09/18/2006 - packet 3 sent (Nothing fails)

09/27 - received packet 4

10/10 - medical exam

10/19 - INTERVIEW!

10/20 - received visa

11/7 - arrived in USA, POE YFK

1/19 - Married

02/23/2007 - Civil Surgeon (checked just vaccines for $ 25)

05/04/2007 - AOS package sent to Chicago

05/11/2007 - NOA1

05/15/2007 - NOA2 - ASC appointment letter about biometrics

05/24/2007 - RFE about tax forms w-2 and 1099!!!

06/05/2007 - Biometrics

21/06/2007 - NOA3 - Transfered to California

10/07/2007 - AOS approved, card production ordered!!!

19/07/2007 - Half year marriage anniversary - GC arrives!!!

07/08/2009 - Package sent (My cover letter 40 peaces of evidence)

07/14/2009 - check was cashed

07/10/2009 - NOA 1 received, GK extended for a year

07/17/2009 - received biometrics letter with my case number

08/06/2009 - scheduled biometrics appointment

11/16/2009 - approval

12/01/2009 - touched - card production ordered

2/26/2010 - got ten year card

No more departures!!!

No more typing!!!

Ne mirkli Tu neesi atstājis manas domas,

Tā, ka manas domas aizmirsa pat aizmirstību.

Mīļotais ir ienācis manā teltī,

Un mana sirds ir mulsas pārņemta.

Filed: Other Timeline

As to what happens next, they will either ask for more documents if still not satisfied; schedule you for an interview, or if your file was transferred to CSC they will issue your greencard.

Your original birth certificate, which you produced at your interview, is either gone from your file or someone has overlooked it. USCIS frequently asks for documents previously sent. It's doubtful you will get it back because they probably feel they need it.

I am your "kababayan" from Phils. What is it all about?

Okay then.. Kumusta? :)

Here is what I have read from one of the USCIS federal register publications in their website:

"The RFE may also be a request for original documents or proper translations, or for other documents not specifically identified in the form's instructions but determined by the adjudicator to be relevant to the adjudication of the application/petition."

Coming from the Philippines, if you are required to submit your original BC by the USCIS, I would assume your birth was registered "late" by the local civil registry and entered as so by the National Statistics Office. By late, it means 3 months had passed before the concerned parties register your live birth (they do not give extensions since this will allow possibilities of fraudulent acts).

The adjudicator must see that your late registration was not intentional; to secure benefits from the US, or commit identity fraud.

Simply submitting your original BC will be much favorable to your case :) Good luck!

Edited by mysticbluerose

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.