visajourneymbr12

Changing address on USCIS account not propagating to mailing address

4 posts in this topic

My parents (the beneficiary) have received their immigration visas but have not yet arrived in the the US.

Since their interview, we have moved and I'm afraid the green card won't be sent to the correct address. 

I've tried to change their address online by creating a USCIS account for both of them and changing their address there 3 months ago.

Being extra paranoid I called USCIS to double check, but they don't have the new address in their system. So I updated them on the phone.

I want to submit two AR-11's just to make sure the green card will be received. Since the immigration visa has been approved and received, do I enter yes or no for the question :

Is this change of address for an application or petition currently in progress?

If yes, do I pick I-130 for the form number, even though the I-130 has been approved?

You can’t change their address online with uscis before they are actually LPRs. They will just give the new address to the CBP Officer who stamps them for entry and takes their visa packet.

8 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

You can’t change their address online with uscis before they are actually LPRs. They will just give the new address to the CBP Officer who stamps them for entry and takes their visa packet.

Thank you for this information. I was able to change their address before the I-130 was approved, was it because I was technically changing the information for the petitioner (me)?

18 minutes ago, visajourneymbr12 said:

Thank you for this information. I was able to change their address before the I-130 was approved, was it because I was technically changing the information for the petitioner (me)?

Yes

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.