Butziee

AOS Interview Help!

3 posts in this topic

My wife(immigrant age 23)and I(us citizen age 24) will be having our AOS interview in three weeks. We have a few questions and not sure who to ask for help. If you have the time, I would appreciate your knowledge and advice.

1. completed medical examination (form I-693). We are not sure if that was the documents that was given during the port of arrival or if we are suppose to get an updated medical examination for my wife. Also , does it expire? If so, i think its already been more than a year since my wife did her medical examination for the k1 visa process.

2. Regarding address. Throughout the whole k1 to aos process we provided uscis with my parents address because our plan was to live with them until we were able to provide for our own, and also because my father is a cosponsor. However, my grandmother suffered a stroke a year ago and we have been living with her helping around the house. My grandmothers house and my parent's house are only 4 minutes away. Every other day we would go to my parents house for our mails and just to hang around. Would it hurt us that we did not update uscis?

3. Currently, i am a nursing student and not able to work full time but my wife works full time. Do we provide i864, recent tax returns, recent paystubs, and letter from employer for my, my wife, and my father who is the joint cosponsor?

4. Supporting evidence due to our situation is a joint bank account, joint credit card, cell phone bills, health insurance under our name, and texas id card with parents address. 
We don't have that much supporting evidence such as lease agreements under both names or car lease under both names.

We are young and still living with the help from my father and also my grandmother. Will that hurt our chances of approval for aos interview?

Thank you for your time and i apologize for the lengthy message! 

32 minutes ago, Butziee said:

My wife(immigrant age 23)and I(us citizen age 24) will be having our AOS interview in three weeks. We have a few questions and not sure who to ask for help. If you have the time, I would appreciate your knowledge and advice.

1. completed medical examination (form I-693). We are not sure if that was the documents that was given during the port of arrival or if we are suppose to get an updated medical examination for my wife. Also , does it expire? If so, i think its already been more than a year since my wife did her medical examination for the k1 visa process.

Was the DS-3025 marked complete?

2. Regarding address.

Update the address. She can do it online. It's a misdemeanor if she doesn't comply; see INA Parts 265 and 266.

As the I-864 sponsor, you mail-in the I-865 address update form https://www.uscis.gov/i-865

3. Currently, i am a nursing student and not able to work full time but my wife works full time. Do we provide i864, recent tax returns, recent paystubs, and letter from employer for my, my wife, and my father who is the joint cosponsor?

Yes. It's recommended.

4. Supporting evidence due to our situation is a joint bank account, joint credit card, cell phone bills, health insurance under our name, and texas id card with parents address. 
We don't have that much supporting evidence such as lease agreements under both names or car lease under both names.

We are young and still living with the help from my father and also my grandmother. Will that hurt our chances of approval for aos interview?

Take what you have to the interview.

Hopefully, when she goes through Removal of Conditions you'll have more documentation.

Edited by HRQX

10 minutes ago, HRQX said:

Was the DS-3025 marked complete?

Update the address. She can do it online. It's a misdemeanor if she doesn't comply; see INA Parts 265 and 266.

As the I-864 sponsor, you mail-in the I-865 address update form https://www.uscis.gov/i-865

Yes. It's recommended.

Take what you have to the interview.

Hopefully, when she goes through Removal of Conditions you'll have more documentation.

Thank you for the reply! 
I believe the the medical examination was complete. How do we check ? We dont have the medical examination anymore because we submited already.

And about the residence , all our documents have my parents address. Can we just not mention living with my grandmother? We stay at both addresses but mostly my grandmother when she needs help. 

Edited by Butziee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.