J&K24

Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It’s been two weeks since my AOS interview and my status still “Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed” is this normal? How long should I wait?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, J&K24 said:

It’s been two weeks since my AOS interview and my status still “Interview was completed and my case must be reviewed” is this normal? How long should I wait?

Yep, sounds pretty normal. Your case could be "under review" or Administrative Processing (AP) for an unable to determine time. It will be done when USCIS has completed their review, there is no set limit.  Read a couple of the myriad of similarly-themed threads in the K1/K3 AOS Progress Forum for more information.

Good luck on your immigration journey. 

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline
23 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

Yep, sounds pretty normal. Your case could be "under review" or Administrative Processing (AP) for an unable to determine time. It will be done when USCIS has completed their review, there is no set limit.  Read a couple of the myriad of similarly-themed threads in the K1/K3 AOS Progress Forum for more information.

Okay sounds great. Thankyou 😊 I’m just so impatient and excited for it. 🤣

Timeline
On 6/6/2019 at 10:27 PM, J&K24 said:

Okay sounds great. Thankyou 😊 I’m just so impatient and excited for it. 🤣

I am sure that it seems like an eternity to go through the AOS process. It can be somewhat time consuming. 

When you get your card, you can pat each other on the back, for a job well done. Then, you will have an eighteen month well-earned respite from USCIS. :dancing:

During this "vacation" from USCIS remember to start collecting all of the evidence to be able to show USCIS in the next round, ROC, that you have an honest-to-goodness marriage, by way of marriage bonafides. I mention this now, so that you can set aside a shoe box of something similar, where you can start saving the important ROC evidence. It is this step that you will likely get an extensive lesson in exercising patience. At the present time, ROC adjudication is taking about fifteen months.:wow:

So enjoy your vacation and start preparing for later on, but enjoy the time away.....

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Pitaya (火龙果) said:

I am sure that it seems like an eternity to go through the AOS process. It can be somewhat time consuming. 

When you get your card, you can pat each other on the back, for a job well done. Then, you will have an eighteen month well-earned respite from USCIS. :dancing:

During this "vacation" from USCIS remember to start collecting all of the evidence to be able to show USCIS in the next round, ROC, that you have an honest-to-goodness marriage, by way of marriage bonafides. I mention this now, so that you can set aside a shoe box of something similar, where you can start saving the important ROC evidence. It is this step that you will likely get an extensive lesson in exercising patience. At the present time, ROC adjudication is taking about fifteen months.:wow:

So enjoy your vacation and start preparing for later on, but enjoy the time away.....

Wow! So much information, thankyouuu big time. Yes for sure I will enjoy the vacation from USCIS, lol. 🥰

Timeline
2 minutes ago, J&K24 said:

Wow! So much information, thankyouuu big time. Yes for sure I will enjoy the vacation from USCIS, lol. 🥰

Oh, you guys are most welcome. When my family and I were in the trenches slugging it out with USCIS, we often sought and got good advice from folks that were a little further along on their immigration journey. Now, we are paying back, trying to help others in the forum that are a bit behind us in our immigration journey. That is how we all get through this quandary known as USCIS.

Good luck on your immigration journey. We are just trudging along a little further down the line from you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.