fiskefillet

What tax papers/supporting documents needed at interview?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Have my interview in Stockholm on monday,

For supporting documents we attached tax return transcripts from 2018, 2017 and 2016 as well as the 1040's from each of those years. However some of these were listed as optional, such as 1040's from 2016 and 2017. As they were online we attached them anyway, but I now discover that they are respectively 28 pages and 146 pages long. Am I expected to also print out the latter? Its massive.

I dont know much about these documenst as they are from my US spouse, but thought the tax returns were the most important, so maybe I could leave out these optional ones. What should I do?

Edited by hwbertel

26 minutes ago, hwbertel said:

Have my interview in Stockholm on monday,

For supporting documents we attached tax return transcripts from 2018, 2017 and 2016 as well as the 1040's from each of those years. However some of these were listed as optional, such as 1040's from 2016 and 2017. As they were online we attached them anyway, but I now discover that they are respectively 28 pages and 146 pages long. Am I expected to also print out the latter? Its massive.

I dont know much about these documenst as they are from my US spouse, but thought the tax returns were the most important, so maybe I could leave out these optional ones. What should I do?

Even though they aren’t necessary and are optional, I think it’s usually recommended to carry anything you submitted to CEAC at the NVC stage to the interview in case they ask for it.  They probably won’t want it, but just in case. We printed all ours too even though they didn’t even ask for it.  It’s annoying, but better to have and anything from CEAC is fair game! Good luck. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.