Debzib88

Document rejected due to wrong format

6 posts in this topic

Hello. We had re submit our affidavit of support form because my husband used a word document on the computer instead of a typewriter or ink. And virtually signed his signature, it got rejected so We've uploaded again using his handwriting. Does anyone know how long it will take for them to look at it?  Everything else was accepted. That was the only form that was invalid.  I know it's a long shot them looking at it today. But it would be pretty amazing lol. Because Our i130 was approved on Valentine's Day and today is our first year wedding anniversary. 😊

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

You can fill the forms out on the computer, but you need to sign with ink, thats all. It takes the usual amount of time as if submitting the first time, from a few days, to a few weeks. Depends. Good luck with everything!

3 minutes ago, sherydenise said:

You can fill the forms out on the computer, but you need to sign with ink, thats all. It takes the usual amount of time as if submitting the first time, from a few days, to a few weeks. Depends. Good luck with everything!

Ohh really. We were unsure so he just re did the whole form in ink. Thank you I appreciate that. I'm so ready to be back with him. I miss him like crazy 😔

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Debzib88 said:

Ohh really. We were unsure so he just re did the whole form in ink. Thank you I appreciate that. I'm so ready to be back with him. I miss him like crazy 😔

Know that feeling :) I'll be with my husband in two weeks! Can't wait to fly out and so thankful for ending this long process.

5 minutes ago, sherydenise said:

Know that feeling :) I'll be with my husband in two weeks! Can't wait to fly out and so thankful for ending this long process.

Congrats!! That's fantastic news. I bet you can't wait!! Its such a long process. I feel sorry for the people who have to wait years. We hit the year mark on the 20th June. And I really hope it doesn't take much longer, I'm half way through my pregnancy 😅 So I'm really hoping I get to be with him in time. I don't mind having my son in the uk. But it would be lovely to be settled in America with hubby before his born. 

Timeline
23 hours ago, Debzib88 said:

Congrats!! That's fantastic news. I bet you can't wait!! Its such a long process. I feel sorry for the people who have to wait years. We hit the year mark on the 20th June. And I really hope it doesn't take much longer, I'm half way through my pregnancy 😅 So I'm really hoping I get to be with him in time. I don't mind having my son in the uk. But it would be lovely to be settled in America with hubby before his born. 

Thank you :) I'm so excited and counting down the days! Our process took over 2 years because my husband is a Permanent Resident and not citizen, but at least we'll be together for our 3rd wedding anniversary lol good luck with everything else I hope you are able to join your husband soon :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.