JAdams333

Post NOA2/NVC assistance

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm posting because I have recently received my NOA2 for my K1 visa. A few weeks passed we did not receive any letter from the NVC so my fiancee called them up and enquired -- in a nutshell they gave us two numbers, the case number which they said to use for the visa application and the invoice number which they said is to be used for paying fees. 

I haven't received the letter from the embassy, although the CEAC website does say it's still with the NVC at the moment. 

Having read the VJ K1 Visa guide for London I've gone ahead and completed the DS-160 and got all my documents, police certificate ready with photographs. I'm trying to be expeditious with getting through this as ideally we'd like to marry before the end of summer, and I know the obvious answer is to wait for the letters but I'm also reading on the forums that people can begin to make their way through the process using the numbers as it can save weeks of waiting. 

Now I have read some conflicting statements -- Some which say that I need to book my medical before the interview, but when I called to book a medical today, they stated that they couldn't until I have scheduled an interview. The US embassy website states I should schedule the interview after my medical exam. So I'm now confused! 

Any advice or recent experience is appreciated

Many thanks

Edited by JAdams333

2 hours ago, JAdams333 said:

Hi all,

I'm posting because I have recently received my NOA2 for my K1 visa. A few weeks passed we did not receive any letter from the NVC so my fiancee called them up and enquired -- in a nutshell they gave us two numbers, the case number which they said to use for the visa application and the invoice number which they said is to be used for paying fees. 

I haven't received the letter from the embassy, although the CEAC website does say it's still with the NVC at the moment. 

Having read the VJ K1 Visa guide for London I've gone ahead and completed the DS-160 and got all my documents, police certificate ready with photographs. I'm trying to be expeditious with getting through this as ideally we'd like to marry before the end of summer, and I know the obvious answer is to wait for the letters but I'm also reading on the forums that people can begin to make their way through the process using the numbers as it can save weeks of waiting. 

Now I have read some conflicting statements -- Some which say that I need to book my medical before the interview, but when I called to book a medical today, they stated that they couldn't until I have scheduled an interview. The US embassy website states I should schedule the interview after my medical exam. So I'm now confused! 

Many thanks

Each embassy has its own rules ... in my experience when CEAC says that the case has the consulate then it is that they tell you what to do enter the page of the embassy that corresponds to you and there you will find information ... good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
5 hours ago, JAdams333 said:

Hi all,

Many thanks

You're getting some spouse visa (IR1/CR1) info mixed in I think. 

First off, you need the new case number starting with LND. I'm not aware of a K1 needing an invoice number which is for IR1/CR1 people to pay their visa fees at the NVC stage. They submit documents there and get their interview assigned by NVC as well. A K1 just passes through, only getting assigned a LND number before getting sent to London.

You should be getting all you things gathered while your case makes it's way to London, which you have. And more importantly get everything for the medical exam...namely shots/shot records and a health summary from your GP. You won't get a letter from the embassy until they receive your case and know about you and your approved petition. You see it's USCIS who approves your petition, but they hand off to NVC, which is the State Department as is the embassy/consulate. Totally separate parts of the government.

Clinic: Call back and tell the maybe newbie on the phone that you are a K1 and do no get assigned an interview by the NVC before the medical. Tell them your K1 instructions from London specifically say medical before interview scheduling. Tell them you have your LND number and they should let you pick an appointment only by giving them the number. 

Your official instructions are here https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ (Four Steps)

Once you have a medical appointment secured, move on the Step 4 of the instructions to book the interview. Allow about 2 weeks between medical and interview. They have become kinda slow getting the medical report over to the embassy.

Here's the clinic website http://www.visamedicals.co.uk/us-bring.htm

It says bring appointment letter which is inaccurate for a K1. You bring the letter of instruction from the embassy telling you they have your case, your new LND number, and the website link to the instructions. A lot of people bring their email from NVC which also has the case number.

That should help some...Good luck.

Edited by Wuozopo

6 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Clinic: Call back and tell the maybe newbie on the phone that you are a K1 and do no get assigned an interview by the NVC before the medical. Tell them your K1 instructions from London specifically say medical before interview scheduling. Tell them you have your LND number and they should let you pick an appointment only by giving them the number. 

I did exactly as you said. Medical booked. 

Thanks a lot 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.