Michael1993

Question about AP, CEAC, and Casablanca

7 posts in this topic

Hello, my wife had her interview today and was placed in administrative processing. They did not keep her passport. She was given a form (not a 221g) that says I need to do the following:

Upload a copy of my I-864 to the CEAC--- it is already uploaded, so I guess I have to upload it again

Upload my 2018 tax return information--- when I filed the AOS in Feb I had not received my IRS transcript yet. When I received it , I called the NVC multiple times and asked if I should upload it; they said no, do not upload anything to the CEAC, give everything directly to the CO. I guess this is not true, because my wife had it at the interview and they would not approve the visa because it was not uploaded.

The form also says that after uploading these documents to CEAC, my wife needs to take copies of each and her passport to ARAMEX.

Here are my questions:

I have uploaded my documents, they are in the "submitted" status, not "accepted" status. Is this okay?

What should I expect next? Has anyone had a similar situation?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh great...my husband's interview is next week and I didn't have my 2018 transcript to upload either. Now I have to worry if they're gonna tell him the same thing they told your wife. Why do they have to be so difficult?? 

Hopefully after you do these two things they will quickly issue her visa. 

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

On 5/13/2019 at 7:17 PM, Apple Bee said:

Oh great...my husband's interview is next week and I didn't have my 2018 transcript to upload either. Now I have to worry if they're gonna tell him the same thing they told your wife. Why do they have to be so difficult?? 

Hopefully after you do these two things they will quickly issue her visa. 

My wife is in a  Facebook group and everyone who has interviewed for a CR1 this week got AP, so the good news is we're not alone...

The bad news is she took the documents and her passport to Aramex on the 14th and when we look it up using the tracking number it has been "in transit" for 4 days. Several other people who took their documents to Aramex on the  13th &14th had them delivered to the consulate the same day. The customer service agents are very rude and outright lie. They cannot explain why it has been in-transit for 4 days. Every time she calls they tell her something different. I am sure they have lost her passport. I could walk from Aramex to the consulate in half an hour so there is no reason it should take this long. I sent an email to the consulate and filed a complaint on the Aramex website.

Edited by Michael1993

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Michael1993 said:

My wife is in a  Facebook group and everyone who has interviewed for a CR1 this week got AP, so the good news is we're not alone...

The bad news is she took the documents and her passport to Aramex on the 14th and when we look it up using the tracking number it has been "in transit" for 4 days. Several other people who took their documents to Aramex on the  13th &14th had them delivered to the consulate the same day. The customer service agents are very rude and outright lie. They cannot explain why it has been in-transit for 4 days. Every time she calls they tell her something different. I am sure they have lost her passport. I could walk from Aramex to the consulate in half an hour so there is no reason it should take this long. I sent an email to the consulate and filed a complaint on the Aramex website.

Wow. You said everyone who did CR1 interview this week got put in AP? how do you know? I'm in the Moroccan visa journey fb group too, I wonder if I spoke with your wife there. 

I hope they didn't seriously lose her passport 

I wonder if she's in a different group than the one I'm talking about because I don't recall too many people mentioning they got put in AP.

Edited by Apple Bee

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

2 hours ago, Apple Bee said:

Wow. You said everyone who did CR1 interview this week got put in AP? how do you know? I'm in the Moroccan visa journey fb group too, I wonder if I spoke with your wife there. 

I hope they didn't seriously lose her passport 

I wonder if she's in a different group than the one I'm talking about because I don't recall too many people mentioning they got put in AP.

Honestly, I'm not sure if she's in the visa journey group or a different one. I'm pretty sure it's in arabic if that helps. I'll ask her tomorrow. But I should clarify, I don't mean to say everyone who had an interview this week got put in AP, just the ones in her group her posted about their experience. Some of them got the same form as my wife, others got the 221g, a lot of requests for taxes and I-864s.

I'll try to keep aramex out of my mind this weekend since there's nothing I can really do until Monday

Timeline
1 minute ago, Michael1993 said:

Honestly, I'm not sure if she's in the visa journey group or a different one. I'm pretty sure it's in arabic if that helps. I'll ask her tomorrow. But I should clarify, I don't mean to say everyone who had an interview this week got put in AP, just the ones in her group her posted about their experience. Some of them got the same form as my wife, others got the 221g, a lot of requests for taxes and I-864s.

I'll try to keep aramex out of my mind this weekend since there's nothing I can really do until Monday

Ohh okay yeah I'm in a different one (just in English). Did your wife tell you if all the others who shared their experience go through the same thing as her where they actually did have the paperwork with them but the CO was requesting it again/requesting it be uploaded to CEAC? Its just crazy to me that they would ask her for the I-864 to be uploaded when you already did it and ask for the 2018 transcript when she had it with her. After reading your original post I got paranoid and uploaded my 2018 transcript to CEAC. I hope it makes a difference.

Marriage :

2018-04-19

I-130 Sent :

2018-05-18

I-130 NOA1 :

2018-05-22

I-130 Approved :

2018-11-28

NVC Received :

2019-01-03

2019-02-20

Pay AOS Bill :

2019-02-20

Send AOS Package :

2019-03-05

Receive IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Pay IV Bill :

2019-02-20

Send IV Package :

2019-03-05

Case Completed:                      

Interview :

2019-03-15

2019-04-11

2019-05-21

APPROVED

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.