CzechMate

USCIS Phone system map

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Czech Republic
Timeline

Hi folks,

Since I had nothing better to do today than call USCIS a dozen or so times, I figured I should write it down for the benefit of all.

The fastest way to get to a real live person at USCIS National Call center is :::

Call the Customer Service number at (800) 375 – 5283

1 -- For English (someone should probably do Spanish too... maybe tomorrow)

2 -- Skip Intro

2 -- Pending petition

6 -- Check Status

2 -- Cant find Receipt Number

4 -- More Information

Depending on how much Musak you have to listen to, you should be at a real (and usually polite) person pretty quickly.

Be advised however that after 14 calls in less than 3 hours, I got 4 different stories about processing times but basically they have no more information than what is on CRIS.

Results may be different if you are outside of the processing times coz Im sure theyll have more to say to you.

Results may be also be different if you are already approved but I unfortunately wouldnt know about that yet......

Moderator please consider pinning this info so it doesnt get buried. Feel free to edit to suit.

Best Regards,

CM

Hi folks,

Since I had nothing better to do today than call USCIS a dozen or so times, I figured I should write it down for the benefit of all.

The fastest way to get to a real live person at USCIS National Call center is :::

Call the Customer Service number at (800) 375 – 5283

1 -- For English (someone should probably do Spanish too... maybe tomorrow)

2 -- Skip Intro

2 -- Pending petition

6 -- Check Status

2 -- Cant find Receipt Number

4 -- More Information

Depending on how much Musak you have to listen to, you should be at a real (and usually polite) person pretty quickly.

Be advised however that after 14 calls in less than 3 hours, I got 4 different stories about processing times but basically they have no more information than what is on CRIS.

Results may be different if you are outside of the processing times coz Im sure theyll have more to say to you.

Results may be also be different if you are already approved but I unfortunately wouldnt know about that yet......

Moderator please consider pinning this info so it doesnt get buried. Feel free to edit to suit.

Best Regards,

CM

That is good info! It did make me laugh hysterically at the thought of listening to those poor clueless (but friendly none-the-less based on my experience) operators. 14 calls - fantastic! Thanks for the info AND the giggle!

Our Visa Journey

2/13 - I-129F sent to TSC

7/31 - K1 - APPROVED

8/5 - POE @ Dallas/Ft. Worth

8/11 - Wedding!!

10/15 - received Greencard

Got 10-year Greencard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.