busycharlie

Approval/interview question

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Has anyone experienced having the interview and not having the required police certificate from the foreign country as required? Do they still approve the Fiance visa or do they have you come back and deliver it to them once you receive it? Just curious as my Fiance will more than likely have her interview and not her Police Certificate from Japan. I wish we knew this five months ago. Oh well. :angry:

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

more than probably her visa will be issued when she brings the certificate

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

Timeline
Has anyone experienced having the interview and not having the required police certificate from the foreign country as required? Do they still approve the Fiance visa or do they have you come back and deliver it to them once you receive it? Just curious as my Fiance will more than likely have her interview and not her Police Certificate from Japan. I wish we knew this five months ago. Oh well. :angry:

hi charlie!!

i know what you feel..

take it easy man..police clearance is a MUST for this application.

just look at it this way..its good that your fiancee was not infront of the CO before she finds out about this paper..

and your close to the end of this K1 application..

goodluck!

alexandra

Dong & Dang

12/28/2007.....Sent Packet for AOS application

12/29/2007.....USCIS Chicago received our AOS Packet

01/22/2008.....Date of two NOA1 (I-797C) for I-765-EAD & I-131-Application for Travel Document

[Received in mail last 01/26/07]

01/24/2008.....USCIS Chicago encashed our checks

01/28/2008.....Received NOA1 for I-485 though notice, dated 01/22/2008

01/30/2008.....Received Biometrics schedule, Notice date 01/25/2008

02/15/2008.....Biometrics Schedule

02/20/2008.....Confirmation of receipt of RFE (source:USCIS case online update)

02/21/2008.....touched

03/03/2008.....Issued I-512L, Authorization for Parole of an Alien into the United States

03/06/2008.....Issued EAD Card (Employment Authorization)

04/23/2008.....Received Interview Schedule

06/11/2008.....Interview Schedule - Phoenix, AZ

06/14/2008.....Received Notice for the Approval of AOS Application

06/16/2008.....Received Green Card.

www.annie-thejourney.com

www.unforgettable-weddings.com

www.gorgeous-mommy.com

www.churvah.com

some could be strict on this. they might put her on AR while they're waiting for the PC. that might be the next best thing if she doesnt have it yet. or some, who knows may overlook and wont even ask. who knows.

Edited by ronmay

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Timeline
some could be strict on this. they might put her on AR while they're waiting for the PC. that might be the next best thing if she doesnt have it yet. or some, who knows may overlook and wont even ask. who knows.

If they put her on AR what exactly does that mean? Is it just a waiting period until the PC arrives and would she be able to get an appointment immediately.

Thanks for the response.

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

If they put her on AR what exactly does that mean? Is it just a waiting period until the PC arrives and would she be able to get an appointment immediately.

Thanks for the response.

this is a case to case basis, so my example could always 'may' be differ to yours or as to everyone. there's a lot of factors why someone is being put on AR. for example the fiancee forget her fiance's divorce decree/latest ITR etc so they will ask for her to comply it, so they will put them on AR for the moment until she already has it, and they will give a decision to approve her petition. some consul would even let them pay for delbros (visa delivery) knowing what is lacking is not really a major factor to cause denial, yet just some basic requirements that one has forget or overlooked upon. so im not sure what you mean by the "appoitment". you mean would she have another interview? i think all she need is, just pass the PC if requested then they will release the visa or their decision. or its really up to the consul. my understanding...

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here's an interview experiece written by someone who has a similar situation as your fiancee, she also went to work in Japan and lost her old passport. I got this from the now defunct asawa forum, the link is not working anymore and so i just copy and pasted it here. She was even asked to return for a 2nd interview with the consul. The flow of her interview questions were mostly about her stay and work in Japan. I am not saying your fiancee would also have the same questions. It is a case to case basis and depends on the consul. Just want to send you this so it might help you to know what to expect.

I arrived in Manila embassy around 4am and on window Y the girl gave me number 7074...i was a bit nervous because she never received my passport and just told me to wait for my name to be called.Day before that i went to US embassy to borrow my passport to get the Japan clearance in Japan embassy,they will not give it without the passport.Embassy always tell my fiance that they don't need any documents from me coz i just lack signatures.It was a little weird for us because there's no such thing based on what i read here on asawa.So we decided to do our own thing and be prepared.

Around 10:30am my name was called to window 24 and the Filipina asked me:

F: why you get your passport yesterday?

Me: I need to get my police clearance in Japan embassy Ma'am

F: Did you know why you're having second interview?

Me: I don't know Ma'am,i just want to be ready

F: You lost your passport,why?

Me: My employer in Japan lost it last 2003 and i just traveled back here with travel documents

F: Do you have the affidavit of loss with you?

Me:Yes Ma'am( i'm glad my employer was very helpful about this.Well,that paper was already with me because the japan embassy needed it also).

F:How about your certificate of travel records from Bureau of Immigration?

Me: Yes Ma'am and i gave it to her.( they said they don't need any docs anymore but look what had happen so don't believe them!

F: Okay,go back to your seat and wait for number to be called again. I will refer this to the consul

I'm soo glad i have everything ready considering they never told me what to bring.From 10:30,i'm anticipating for my number to be called.It was lunch break already so they let us go to eat our lunch and let us back around 1:15...I'm back there around 1pm and to make things worst my friend whose having second interview too like me was called to window 35 and she said she was denied.I saw the denial paper and it says the divorce of her fiance was not valid.This add to my nervousness coz i thought i'm the next one to be denied.It was 4 in the afternoon already when my number was flashed on window 27.I suspected that maybe they verify the papers i passed that's why i was called late already.

The consul was soo strict to look at so i'm shaking inside when he started with his questioning.It was fast and he really try to intimidate me

1. You lost your passport,why?

2. why you still have the certificate of loss with you since it was lost last 2003?when you submit those documents here?

3. what's your work there?

4. when you went there?Give me the dates

5. what kind of work was it?

6. what's the name of the establisment on your first trip?on your second trip?

7. you were not married there?

8. how about boyfriends?

9. where you stayed?

10. Give me the address of the establishments you've worked for that 2 trips?

11. what's the name of the establishments?

12. What prefecture is that?

13. What kind of song did you sing?

14. Give one example of japanese song?

15. So you're self employed now,what you do?

16.Oh candle making and piggery.what kind of candles? where's your piggery?

17.what's the name of your petitioner?

18 what's his work?

19.can i see your pictures together?

20. what's his address in US?

Gosh! I don't know until now how i survived it.There's still a lot of questions he asked that i forgot, it focused mainly on my work in Japan. Maybe because i was an entertainer...Well,i'm glad i'm done and i could see that even he let me feel he did'nt believe me but i'm sure he's satisfied with my answers because i answered him well and full of honesty.I think their approval depend on how you answer it and how you conduct yourself in front of them.It was not easy but if the relationship is true and you know in your heart you've done nothing wrong in the past,you could make it!

I was called in window 35 and saw that approval sticker again.She let me pay the delbros but i told her i paid it already on my first interview so she said,okay just wait for your visa to be deliver and yesterday i received a text message from delbros that my visa is out for delivery..Oh my i can't wait to be with my Baby soon.Thank you soo much guys for all the help with this journey

Timeline

Thanks for the response.

this is a case to case basis, so my example could always 'may' be differ to yours or as to everyone. there's a lot of factors why someone is being put on AR. for example the fiancee forget her fiance's divorce decree/latest ITR etc so they will ask for her to comply it, so they will put them on AR for the moment until she already has it, and they will give a decision to approve her petition. some consul would even let them pay for delbros (visa delivery) knowing what is lacking is not really a major factor to cause denial, yet just some basic requirements that one has forget or overlooked upon. so im not sure what you mean by the "appoitment". you mean would she have another interview? i think all she need is, just pass the PC if requested then they will release the visa or their decision. or its really up to the consul. my understanding...

Thanks ronmay, yes i meant another interview to finish the process because she might not have the PC but if they let her pay and basically approve everything else and we just need to submit the pc to get the visa then that would be great.

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

Timeline
Here's an interview experiece written by someone who has a similar situation as your fiancee, she also went to work in Japan and lost her old passport. I got this from the now defunct asawa forum, the link is not working anymore and so i just copy and pasted it here. She was even asked to return for a 2nd interview with the consul. The flow of her interview questions were mostly about her stay and work in Japan. I am not saying your fiancee would also have the same questions. It is a case to case basis and depends on the consul. Just want to send you this so it might help you to know what to expect.

I arrived in Manila embassy around 4am and on window Y the girl gave me number 7074...i was a bit nervous because she never received my passport and just told me to wait for my name to be called.Day before that i went to US embassy to borrow my passport to get the Japan clearance in Japan embassy,they will not give it without the passport.Embassy always tell my fiance that they don't need any documents from me coz i just lack signatures.It was a little weird for us because there's no such thing based on what i read here on asawa.So we decided to do our own thing and be prepared.

Around 10:30am my name was called to window 24 and the Filipina asked me:

F: why you get your passport yesterday?

Me: I need to get my police clearance in Japan embassy Ma'am

F: Did you know why you're having second interview?

Me: I don't know Ma'am,i just want to be ready

F: You lost your passport,why?

Me: My employer in Japan lost it last 2003 and i just traveled back here with travel documents

F: Do you have the affidavit of loss with you?

Me:Yes Ma'am( i'm glad my employer was very helpful about this.Well,that paper was already with me because the japan embassy needed it also).

F:How about your certificate of travel records from Bureau of Immigration?

Me: Yes Ma'am and i gave it to her.( they said they don't need any docs anymore but look what had happen so don't believe them!

F: Okay,go back to your seat and wait for number to be called again. I will refer this to the consul

I'm soo glad i have everything ready considering they never told me what to bring.From 10:30,i'm anticipating for my number to be called.It was lunch break already so they let us go to eat our lunch and let us back around 1:15...I'm back there around 1pm and to make things worst my friend whose having second interview too like me was called to window 35 and she said she was denied.I saw the denial paper and it says the divorce of her fiance was not valid.This add to my nervousness coz i thought i'm the next one to be denied.It was 4 in the afternoon already when my number was flashed on window 27.I suspected that maybe they verify the papers i passed that's why i was called late already.

The consul was soo strict to look at so i'm shaking inside when he started with his questioning.It was fast and he really try to intimidate me

1. You lost your passport,why?

2. why you still have the certificate of loss with you since it was lost last 2003?when you submit those documents here?

3. what's your work there?

4. when you went there?Give me the dates

5. what kind of work was it?

6. what's the name of the establisment on your first trip?on your second trip?

7. you were not married there?

8. how about boyfriends?

9. where you stayed?

10. Give me the address of the establishments you've worked for that 2 trips?

11. what's the name of the establishments?

12. What prefecture is that?

13. What kind of song did you sing?

14. Give one example of japanese song?

15. So you're self employed now,what you do?

16.Oh candle making and piggery.what kind of candles? where's your piggery?

17.what's the name of your petitioner?

18 what's his work?

19.can i see your pictures together?

20. what's his address in US?

Gosh! I don't know until now how i survived it.There's still a lot of questions he asked that i forgot, it focused mainly on my work in Japan. Maybe because i was an entertainer...Well,i'm glad i'm done and i could see that even he let me feel he did'nt believe me but i'm sure he's satisfied with my answers because i answered him well and full of honesty.I think their approval depend on how you answer it and how you conduct yourself in front of them.It was not easy but if the relationship is true and you know in your heart you've done nothing wrong in the past,you could make it!

I was called in window 35 and saw that approval sticker again.She let me pay the delbros but i told her i paid it already on my first interview so she said,okay just wait for your visa to be deliver and yesterday i received a text message from delbros that my visa is out for delivery..Oh my i can't wait to be with my Baby soon.Thank you soo much guys for all the help with this journey

C&M14, wow that was great info. That is exactly my fiance's situation. She was also an entertainer in Japan. Did this person actually not have her PC at her second interview? It sounds like she didn't and still go approved. Am I right about this?

Thanks again so much!!! :thumbs:

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

Timeline

Thanks for the response.

Yes I was referring to another interview. Well if everything else goes good and we have to wait for the PC that won't be so bad. I was hoping they wouldn't put her on some long extended waiting list.

Thanks

MJ & Charlie

01-12-10 NOA1

Thanks for the response.

Yes I was referring to another interview. Well if everything else goes good and we have to wait for the PC that won't be so bad. I was hoping they wouldn't put her on some long extended waiting list.

Thanks

in no expert but reading in somebody's experiences, your case might be expedited (if thats the term) knowing you already had/has the interview, yet just lacking of something. they might fit you into their tight sked just like some of the others that i know (diff case of course). i know how stressful this process would be. heck im already here in the US but im still not done with it. here come's AOS and as usual nerve racking on what to expect and getting ready for the interview just like when i was there in phil. especially we dont have any wedding pics (we're married thru ourselves in the middle of the night wearing pajamas coz we're so in a hurry to pass the whole thing. yes, its legal to get married without witness/priest/judge here in Co.) lol... so we'll just pray and really hope for the best! good luck!

Citizenship N-400

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.