SMR&JDR

Got approved but on CEAC it says Administrative Processing??

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Ajk3visa said:

Sorry to clear it up,  i meant how long it took NVC to accept your submitted  documents and close your case at NVC before sending it to the US embassy. I meant after you submitted all your civil documents, AOS and paid the fees to CEAC, not after NVC received your file from USCIS? Does it take NVC  2 to 3 weeks or 2 to 3 days to review your submitting documents. I just completed submitting all the documents today after i finally received my dutch police certificate. But i dont know how long it is gonna take for NVC to receive them, review them and then send me a letter saying i am ready for the interview and its time to do my medical examination and prepare for my interview. 

The answer of your question: My late husband filed it when i was in SA and it was an IR1 visa, but then i moved to Netherlands, he passed away and NVC transfered my file to Netherlands and converted my visa to a Widow visa. So i will have my visa interview in the Netherlands. That is why idk if the documents review timeline will be according to my home country, SA or according to my residency country, Netherlands. That is why i am confused a lil bit. Because i heard that some countries like Mexico, Morocco, and other high fraud countries in Africa have a very long timeline. Europe and rich countries have the shorter timelines. But i know SA isn't in high fraud countries because its not a poor country and now SA has a good relationship with USA..etc. I still dont know in which timeline SA is. I just hope they put me in Netherlands timeline just to avoid worst cases lol. 

Mine was K1 visa. We didn't submit anything to NVC. We initially submitted the entire packet to USCIS. From then on it get handled by NVC, and when it arrives at the embassy, you just bring more evidences to the interview. I'm not familiar with IR1 visa. Maybe someone here who's well familiar with it can help you. Best of luck! 

5 minutes ago, SMK&JDR said:

Mine was K1 visa. We didn't submit anything to NVC. We initially submitted the entire packet to USCIS. From then on it get handled by NVC, and when it arrives at the embassy, you just bring more evidences to the interview. I'm not familiar with IR1 visa. Maybe someone here who's well familiar with it can help you. Best of luck! 

I just knew from you thay K1 visa applicants don't submit things to NVC. Youre lucky 😉. It was fast process cuz it took NVC 10 days to schedule your interview appoiment after they sent u the welcome letter.  That makes me feel better now. I just notice that your timeline is almost like mine. I got NOA2 at the end of January, then NVC received it at the beginning of almost and created my online CEAC account to submit my documents online. But because i changed my address and my husband passed away before i meet him again, it lead to have the whole case to be delayed cuz it got converted to another case, so just today i completed submitting the civil documents. I just hope i hear soon from NVC that they recived and accepted my submitted documents to be ready for the interview. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.