Jump to content

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I would like to ask whether there are other people who have gone through similar issue.

I got married to a US citizen this January (2019), and my husband is preparing for my CR-1 in US (I live in Japan). However I found out that he has done nothing, he already hired immigration lawyer tho. With this situation I have been really frustrated worrying that well be separated for longer time. I don’t want to push him too much because he might feel that I married him for US green card. 

Could anyone kindly advise  me how to survive this frustration, and how to encourage him to move? 

(I understand that he just started his own business and really busy, but we love each other so much. I hope there is someone who can understand and help me.) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nancyyy said:

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I would like to ask whether there are other people who have gone through similar issue.

I got married to a US citizen this January (2019), and my husband is preparing for my CR-1 in US (I live in Japan). However I found out that he has done nothing, he already hired immigration lawyer tho. With this situation I have been really frustrated worrying that well be separated for longer time. I don’t want to push him too much because he might feel that I married him for US green card. 

Could anyone kindly advise  me how to survive this frustration, and how to encourage him to move? 

(I understand that he just started his own business and really busy, but we love each other so much. I hope there is someone who can understand and help me.) 

Have you tried asking him directly why he has not filed the petition for you yet?  Current wait times from filing to CR-1 = 12 months or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Have you tried asking him directly why he has not filed the petition for you yet?  Current wait times from filing to CR-1 = 12 months or so.

Yes, we talked about it recently. He understands how frustrating the visa issue is, but seems like he is too optimistic about this like “everything will be fine”. ( or maybe we’re not on the same page..) 

I know this is very personal matter but just wondering how other people survive this if they have similar situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nancyyy said:

Yes, we talked about it recently. He understands how frustrating the visa issue is, but seems like he is too optimistic about this like “everything will be fine”. ( or maybe we’re not on the same page..) 

I know this is very personal matter but just wondering how other people survive this if they have similar situation. 

I'm sorry to hear about the situation.  No one here knows you or your husband, or could hazard a guess about the reason for the delay.  It could even be finances, as immigration is expensive.  Best wishes for sorting it out and moving forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I'm sorry to hear about the situation.  No one here knows you or your husband, or could hazard a guess about the reason for the delay.  It could even be finances, as immigration is expensive.  Best wishes for sorting it out and moving forward.

Thank you so much for your reply. I’ll do my best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...