5 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I would like to ask whether there are other people who have gone through similar issue.

I got married to a US citizen this January (2019), and my husband is preparing for my CR-1 in US (I live in Japan). However I found out that he has done nothing, he already hired immigration lawyer tho. With this situation I have been really frustrated worrying that well be separated for longer time. I don’t want to push him too much because he might feel that I married him for US green card. 

Could anyone kindly advise  me how to survive this frustration, and how to encourage him to move? 

(I understand that he just started his own business and really busy, but we love each other so much. I hope there is someone who can understand and help me.) 

2 minutes ago, nancyyy said:

Hi everyone. This is my first post and I would like to ask whether there are other people who have gone through similar issue.

I got married to a US citizen this January (2019), and my husband is preparing for my CR-1 in US (I live in Japan). However I found out that he has done nothing, he already hired immigration lawyer tho. With this situation I have been really frustrated worrying that well be separated for longer time. I don’t want to push him too much because he might feel that I married him for US green card. 

Could anyone kindly advise  me how to survive this frustration, and how to encourage him to move? 

(I understand that he just started his own business and really busy, but we love each other so much. I hope there is someone who can understand and help me.) 

Have you tried asking him directly why he has not filed the petition for you yet?  Current wait times from filing to CR-1 = 12 months or so.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Have you tried asking him directly why he has not filed the petition for you yet?  Current wait times from filing to CR-1 = 12 months or so.

Yes, we talked about it recently. He understands how frustrating the visa issue is, but seems like he is too optimistic about this like “everything will be fine”. ( or maybe we’re not on the same page..) 

I know this is very personal matter but just wondering how other people survive this if they have similar situation. 

Just now, nancyyy said:

Yes, we talked about it recently. He understands how frustrating the visa issue is, but seems like he is too optimistic about this like “everything will be fine”. ( or maybe we’re not on the same page..) 

I know this is very personal matter but just wondering how other people survive this if they have similar situation. 

I'm sorry to hear about the situation.  No one here knows you or your husband, or could hazard a guess about the reason for the delay.  It could even be finances, as immigration is expensive.  Best wishes for sorting it out and moving forward.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I'm sorry to hear about the situation.  No one here knows you or your husband, or could hazard a guess about the reason for the delay.  It could even be finances, as immigration is expensive.  Best wishes for sorting it out and moving forward.

Thank you so much for your reply. I’ll do my best. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.