DarkSilver

Affidavit of Support Questions (low income/new job/assets)

1 post in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello everyone!  Thanks in advance for the advice 😊

Currently I only bring in $12,000 a year and I need $21,137 for the two of us at 125%.  I’ve been looking for something to add to this, but only recently found an opportunity.  Because of this my new income probably won’t be counted when I file AOS in 1-4 months (even with confirmation of employment from my new place of work I would need 6 months of pay slips, from what I’ve read?).  I have assets that cover the difference, but I’m wondering if anyone else has experience in covering this amount with assets and the chances of it being accepted without a joint sponser?

I want to avoid using a joint sponser but I have it arranged already just in case.  On my joint sponser’s Affidavit of Support do they have to include everything they own or just what is necessary to cover our expenses without a doubt?  (If their tax return shows it’s enough to cover us do they need to include their house deed/proof they paid off loans, bank account documentation, investments, etc)

If by the time the interview comes around I have plenty of income on my own then can I ask to be the only sponser or would the joint sponser’s legal responsibility have to continue?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
“;}