Marissa&Stephen

Finally made it to NOA2, now what?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello all. Long time reader, new member and poster. :) Figure I better start at the beginning.

I am a US citizen, my fiance is a UK National, and we filed for a K1 visa in October. The California Service Center had finally got around to our I-129F application in early January. Unfortunately, they sent a letter stating that they needed more evidence of us having met over the period we stated. :huh: We spent weeks gathering more "evidence" that we thought would be sufficient to them. We sent that on, and after much delay (see signature), they finally received it. As of a few days ago, we *finally* received our NOA2 -APPROVED! :D

So after months of waiting and more waiting, it finally appears as though the US part is nearing an end and we can start on Phase 2. My question to you all with past experience in this is what can we expect? I've read good things on here about the interviews at the London Embassy, but haven't really been able to find what to expect prior to that. We're curious about what exactly his first packet will have in it. Should he wait to get his police background check for awhile or would it be alright to have it ready? For those of you involved in UK cases, about how long can we expect to get from where we are now (NOA2) to final approval?

Any help/advice/advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading. :)

10 Oct 05 - Fill out K1 Visa & send to Texas SC

26 Oct - My ring is bought and we are officially engaged!

28 Oct - NOA1 received

10 Jan 06 - I fly to UK to meet Stephen's family and visit for 3 months

11 Jan - USCIS requests "additional information" from us

25 Feb - RFE packet mailed out to California SC

06 Mar - California SC receives packet

22 Mar - NOA2 - Approved!

20 Apr - Stephen receives his packet from the Embassy!

22 Apr - Stephen mails packet 3 back to Embassy!

09 May - Medical appointment booked for 1 June. Checklist mailed same day.

19 May - Embassy replies with Packet 4 - INTERVIEW 2nd of JUNE! :D

01 Jun - Stephen flies to London for medical that day and interview next day

02 Jun - Approved at Embassy! Once medical results are in, Visa will be on its way!

11 Jun - Stephen receives Visa!

22 Jun - Stephen flies to US!

ticker.png

3dflagsdotcomusa2faws1tt.gif 3dflagsdotcomuk2faws3zl.gif

Congrats on getting your NOA2!!

From this point on, here is the sequence:

1. California sends your petition to the National Visa Center - typically takes a couple of weeks.

2. NVC processes the petition and gives it a case number, then forwards it to London - typically takes about a week.

3. London receives the package and it sits in a holding bin waiting for processing - seems to be about a 4 to 6 week wait at the mo.

4. London processes the package and sends you 'Package 3'.

5. You complete package 3 and send it back to London.

6. London processes package 3 and sends you details of the medical and interview - interview likely to be 4 to 8 weeks out from this point.

7. After a successful interview, you receive your passport back with the visa in a few days. The 6-month visa validity clock starts now.

So, you are probably around 3 or 4 months from visa approval at the moment. BUT, it could be less, and unfortunately it could be more.

Regarding Packet 3: It will contain:

DS-230, DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157 (only for males), I-134, and a checklist. A few notes on these. The checklist has explicit instructions regarding what to send back. For the DS-230, you only complete Part 1. For the DS-156, London requires you to fill out the electronic version (which will generate a pdf file with a barcode sheet. The barcode is important, because it saves them typing in all of your info.). You can find all of the 'DS' forms at this web page. When you click the link for the DS-156 you'll be taken to another page that has a link to the electronic version near the bottom of the page.

Go ahead and start filling these forms out now. You can sign and date them when it comes time to send them back to London.

Regarding the police certificate, file the request now. You don't have to wait for packet 3. You should be aiming to be in a position to return packet 3 to the consulate on the same day that you receive it, or the next day.

Does this answer your questions?

Best of luck,

G

I-129F Filing

G (USA)

L (Scotland)

2005-02-05 Sent to TSC

2005-03-02 NOA2 rcvd

2005-04-27 Medical - 3:40 pm in Edinburgh

2005-05-19 Interview - approved!!

2005-06-12 G & L fly to Florida

2005-08-20 Wedding day!!

2005-09-15 Sent AOS docs

2005-09-23 NOA1 rcvd for 485, 765, and 131

2005-11-28 AP rcvd

2006-01-03 EAD rcvd

2006-03-08 AOS interview - Success - pending FBI name check!!

2006-04-05 Rcvd the 'Welcome To America' email. Name check is done!!

2006-04-17 Green Card Received!!

2008-02-05 Sent I-751 to remove conditions

2008-02-11 I-751 received in Texas

2008-02-25 Check finally cashed!!

2008-03-19 Biometrics completed in West Palm Beach

2008-12-23 Rcvd notification of GC production

2008-12-30 Rcvd notification of confirmation letter going in the mail.

"Just as our DNA is unique, so too is our visa processing experience."

G 3/31/05

Timeline

Ohmygoodness, YES! Wow, thank you so very much for the information, all very useful. Heading over to get some of these forms right now, thanks again! :thumbs:

28 Oct - NOA1 received

02 Jun - Approved at Embassy! Once medical results are in, Visa will be on its way!

ticker.png

Timeline
Regarding Packet 3: It will contain:

DS-230, DS-156, DS-156K, DS-157 (only for males), I-134, and a checklist. A few notes on these. The checklist has explicit instructions regarding what to send back. For the DS-230, you only complete Part 1. For the DS-156, London requires you to fill out the electronic version (which will generate a pdf file with a barcode sheet. The barcode is important, because it saves them typing in all of your info.). You can find all of the 'DS' forms at this web page. When you click the link for the DS-156 you'll be taken to another page that has a link to the electronic version near the bottom of the page.

Unfortunately getting a lot of "page not found" error pages when I click on the links for the pdf files. Ah, the government - bless 'em. Hoping this is only temporary. :unsure:

28 Oct - NOA1 received

ticker.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations and best of luck on your next step in the process.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

I am so happy for you!!! After such a long wait you finally got it!!! Congrats! I felt your happiness you were so happy :)

Big hugs,

Tara

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

If you do a timeline search for k1 Uk London you will get a pretty good idea of what the waiting times are like. Currently around 8-12 weeks from the time they issue packet 3.

Good Luck

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Yeah, it looks like the Dept of State web site is having trouble. Try VisaPro at this link. They seem to be working fine, and after you download them you can fill them in on your computer.

However, note that you must use the electronic DS-156 on the Dept of State site. It seems to be working fine.

G

I-129F Filing

G (USA)

L (Scotland)

2005-02-05 Sent to TSC

2005-03-02 NOA2 rcvd

2005-04-27 Medical - 3:40 pm in Edinburgh

2005-05-19 Interview - approved!!

2005-06-12 G & L fly to Florida

2005-08-20 Wedding day!!

2005-09-15 Sent AOS docs

2005-09-23 NOA1 rcvd for 485, 765, and 131

2005-11-28 AP rcvd

2006-01-03 EAD rcvd

2006-03-08 AOS interview - Success - pending FBI name check!!

2006-04-05 Rcvd the 'Welcome To America' email. Name check is done!!

2006-04-17 Green Card Received!!

2008-02-05 Sent I-751 to remove conditions

2008-02-11 I-751 received in Texas

2008-02-25 Check finally cashed!!

2008-03-19 Biometrics completed in West Palm Beach

2008-12-23 Rcvd notification of GC production

2008-12-30 Rcvd notification of confirmation letter going in the mail.

"Just as our DNA is unique, so too is our visa processing experience."

G 3/31/05

You should read about what happened with Gabi and me here.

It all worked out in the end, however, it just has taken 3 extra months :angry:

Sean

November 2004--I'm on vacation in Italy and met Gabriela at a pizzeria in Venice...it was love at first sight!

2 Weeks Later 2004--changed my intinerary to go back to Venice and see this Romanian girl that I couldn't stop thinking about.

August 30--My sweetie's Birthday! I love you, doll!!!

September 9, 2005--I-129F sent to NSC.

September 15, 2005--NOA1!

October 24, 2005--NOA2!!

November 07, 2005--NVC letter received!!!

Early December 2005--K1 packet gets to the Consulate in Naples but somehow they forgot about notifying us in any way, and apparently replying to emails is just waaaay too strenuous for them...

January 11, 2006--After numerous failed attempts to contact them, Naples Consulate emails packet3.

January 2006--I contact my state senator's office.

March 20, 2006--Gabi has her medical exam in Naples...

March 21, 2006--Gabi has her interview...K1 VISA ISSUED!!!!!

April 18, 2006--I will fly to Europe to get my honey...and never, ever let her go!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.