shannonandcote

ATTENTION all INTERVIEWEES!!!

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Yes, the whole enchilada. If there was no documentation of the income then I suggest you get some transcripts faxed to you and use them instead. Anybody can gin up a fake tax return but the transcripts are what the IRS actually has on file as reported income. Nobody suspects anybody of overstating income and paying too much tax, just to qualify to sponsor a family member but I bet some have done it. :yes:

kins,

If submiting a photocopy of the tax return, rather than an IRS tax transcript, then one needs to provide the complete return as submitted to the IRS. If the return included a W-2 then the photocopy for immigration purposes must include the W-2. If the return did not include a W-2 then one cannot submit something that never existed.

What documentation of your husband's foreign-earned income did he submit with his US tax return? Whatever it was, include it with the photocopy of the tax return that is submitted for immigration purposes.

As pushbrk wrote, "the whole enchilada", whatever the filling.

Yodrak

Second, a tax return is not complete without the W2's and/or 1099's. They don't ask for 1040's. They ask for tax returns. That means the whole enchilada.

What if you've been working abroad and have no W-2 or 1099s? I don't even know what a 1099 is...

I have my husband's 1040 for 2006 but all his income was foreign earned...

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Timeline
kins,

If submiting a photocopy of the tax return, rather than an IRS tax transcript, then one needs to provide the complete return as submitted to the IRS. If the return included a W-2 then the photocopy for immigration purposes must include the W-2. If the return did not include a W-2 then one cannot submit something that never existed.

What documentation of your husband's foreign-earned income did he submit with his US tax return? Whatever it was, include it with the photocopy of the tax return that is submitted for immigration purposes.

Yodrak

So in the case of foreign earned income, I should include copies of Bren's Canadian T4's, right????? you folks are my wednesday heroes... I was seriously going on a panic spree..... now I can relax and go shopping @ LUSH. HA!

Yes, the whole enchilada. If there was no documentation of the income then I suggest you get some transcripts faxed to you and use them instead. Anybody can gin up a fake tax return but the transcripts are what the IRS actually has on file as reported income. Nobody suspects anybody of overstating income and paying too much tax, just to qualify to sponsor a family member but I bet some have done it. :yes:
kins,

Yodrak

Second, a tax return is not complete without the W2's and/or 1099's. They don't ask for 1040's. They ask for tax returns. That means the whole enchilada.

What if you've been working abroad and have no W-2 or 1099s? I don't even know what a 1099 is...

I have my husband's 1040 for 2006 but all his income was foreign earned...

He didn't have any equivalent of a W-2 to submit because our tax year hadn't ended yet. I have since received his P60 for the April to April tax year here - I will take that along anyway.

He's stating his US income as zero for the last three years and we're doing it all on assets, so I hope it won't matter too much.

Thanks for your replies.

Mike and Jill's I-130 timeline

9 Jan 2007 - sent application for police record

11 Jan 2007 - posted I-130 off

17 Jan 2007 - I-130 officially filed

22 Feb 2007 - Mike received official job offer in the US

13 Apr 2007 - I-130 approved

21 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received

23 Apr 2007 - posted packet 3 to Embassy

25 Apr 2007 - packet 3 received at Embassy PO box

30 Apr 2007 - medical in London

30 Apr 2007 - received packet 4

7 Jun 2007 - interview - visa approved :-)))

9 Jun 2007 - received visa and mystery brown envelope

30 Jun 2007 - planning to move to US

Yes i have a simular situation as you, and they did ask for joint sponsor as well. its a good idea to have, so if asked you dont have to make a second trip.

IF your affidavit of support doesnt have the 1040 and W2 for 2006 bring them to the INTERVIEW!!! YOu will be asked for them, and this can save you a trip back to the embassy.

we just had our interview, all went well but we must go back to present these papers. SO to save fellow VJ members the hassel just have them ready, even if your interview was scheduled before tax filing period.

Peace

-shannon and cote

I wonder why this requirement... and also wonder if its worldwide.... if you bring transcripts that should be enough! This sounds weird but worth lookin into. Thanks for the info!!!

Yes, transcripts for 2006 are enough. If it is past the filing date, even if you filed an extension, you should have income verification available. If your filing isn't complete, bring your W2's and/or 1099's. Actually by early February we all have income verification for the last year, so they can ask for it.

This is weird - Bren did file his taxes but has NO income (only doing research), and, since we are in Canada, there are no W2s... does this also apply to our joint sponsor???? do tell!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.