LCSTOTT

I-129F petition forwarded to London Embassy. How long’s left?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I’m a UK resident.

Our I-129F petition was forwarded to the London embassy on 19th March and I have yet to hear anything since this date. 

I’ve noticed on the timelines that a lot of people heard back within 3-8 days, so I’m just wondering how long this process should take, and how long from now should I be expecting to wait until my interview?

Edited by LCSTOTT

*~*~*country-specific question moved to United Kingdom forum*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, LCSTOTT said:

I’m a UK resident.

Our I-129F petition was forwarded to the London embassy on 19th March and I have yet to hear anything since this date. 

I’ve noticed on the timelines that a lot of people heard back within 3-8 days, so I’m just wondering how long this process should take, and how long from now should I be expecting to wait until my interview?

It probably didn't arrive until Monday. Then it has to get from the offsite mail place to the IV Unit, logged in, and a letter mailed. You can start following the instructions they are going to mail you. 

This https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ scroll down to Step 1-4. Then read the links at the top.  Do you have your things for the medical yet? Immunizations, 4 passport photos, health summary from you GP, police certificate. Arrange that before calling for a medical appointment. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

It probably didn't arrive until Monday. Then it has to get from the offsite mail place to the IV Unit, logged in, and a letter mailed. You can start following the instructions they are going to mail you. 

This https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ scroll down to Step 1-4. Then read the links at the top.  Do you have your things for the medical yet? Immunizations, 4 passport photos, health summary from you GP, police certificate. Arrange that before calling for a medical appointment. 

Thanks for this! 

Yes I have everything needed for the final steps of the process, police certificate, immunisation and health records, passport photos etc.

The only thing I have to wait for now is notification from the embassy so I can book my medical and final interview, which is why we’re getting so anxious because it’s literally the only thing we’re waitig on. 

Timeline
53 minutes ago, LCSTOTT said:

Thanks for this! 

Yes I have everything needed for the final steps of the process, police certificate, immunisation and health records, passport photos etc.

The only thing I have to wait for now is notification from the embassy so I can book my medical and final interview, which is why we’re getting so anxious because it’s literally the only thing we’re waitig on. 

You don't have to wait. Call for a medical appointment Monday and get that set up if you know your LND number and have everything to take.  Did you have email from NVC saying your case had been sent? What does your status say? In transit? Ready?

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

You don't have to wait. Call for a medical appointment Monday and get that set up if you know your LND number and have everything to take.  Did you have email from NVC saying your case had been sent? What does your status say? In transit? Ready?

Oh really?! I will get on with that first thing tomorrow then! 

Yes I received the email from NVC on March 19th saying the case has been forwarded to the consulate in London.

I completed the DS-160 a few days ago, I just checked the status and it says ‘No status’, but this is with the DS-160 case number. The case number on the NVC email wouldn’t work..

Edited by LCSTOTT

Timeline
2 hours ago, LCSTOTT said:

Oh really?! I will get on with that first thing tomorrow then! 

Yes I received the email from NVC on March 19th saying the case has been forwarded to the consulate in London.

I completed the DS-160 a few days ago, I just checked the status and it says ‘No status’, but this is with the DS-160 case number. The case number on the NVC email wouldn’t work..

Check Immigrant Visa with your case number LNDxxxxxxxxxx https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Check Immigrant Visa with your case number LNDxxxxxxxxxx https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/

Just checked and it says that the status is ‘Ready’. 

Thanks 

Timeline
2 hours ago, LCSTOTT said:

Just checked and it says that the status is ‘Ready’. 

Thanks 

That means it's in London but the letter is not out yet. You don't need the physical letter for anything. The medical clinic will say bring it to verify case number, but you can take the NVC notice that also has that LNDxxxxxxxx case number. 

After you make your medical appointment, you can carry on to "Step 4" in the instructions, but allow about 2 weeks between medical and interview appointment. They are not as fast anymore getting your medical results to the embassy. It is best to have everything there on the day. Then you don't get shoved aside waiting for them to get back to your case because the medical wasn't there. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

That means it's in London but the letter is not out yet. You don't need the physical letter for anything. The medical clinic will say bring it to verify case number, but you can take the NVC notice that also has that LNDxxxxxxxx case number. 

After you make your medical appointment, you can carry on to "Step 4" in the instructions, but allow about 2 weeks between medical and interview appointment. They are not as fast anymore getting your medical results to the embassy. It is best to have everything there on the day. Then you don't get shoved aside waiting for them to get back to your case because the medical wasn't there. 

Thank you for this information! I’ll call them first thing tomorrow to see when I can book my medical. Hopefully it isn’t going to be too far away. 

Do you know how far away the interview should be? This whole process has been incredibly hard to try to predict when each step should be taking place. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, LCSTOTT said:

Do you know how far away the interview should be? This whole process has been incredibly hard to try to predict when each step should be taking place. 

You pick the date of your interview. Hopefully you will find availability two weeks after the medical date you get. Read Step 4. Remember seeing these?? You can do that tomorrow too.

IMG_1700.thumb.PNG.4adb4acabe471b16a08fd1c453fb7299.PNG

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

You pick the date of your interview. Hopefully you will find availability two weeks after the medical date you get. Read Step 4. Remember seeing these?? You can do that tomorrow too.

IMG_1700.thumb.PNG.4adb4acabe471b16a08fd1c453fb7299.PNG

Yes, I read through the steps again and followed the link to the website where you book your interview. I signed up and it said the next available day is April 2nd, which shocked me as I didn’t expect it to be so close! 

I didn’t pay the fees/book the interview as I’m waiting for these papers and to book my medical first. But what exactly should I be expecting from these papers that are due to arrive? Is it just information on how to book the medical and interview or is it actually an important document that’s nessesary to progress? 

Thanks for you help :) 

Timeline

I explained that before

5 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

You don't need the physical letter for anything. The medical clinic will say bring it to verify case number, but you can take the NVC notice that also has that LNDxxxxxxxx case number. 

The letter from London assumes you had no clue what to do next and had not been on VJ. It tells you to apply for your K1 visa using the instructions on their website and the link https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ You are way ahead of that in your preparation. 

There's a photocopy of the petition your fiancé submitted so you can read what it said and find out he/she has 6 kids he/she didn't tell you about.  And you aren't marrying a doctor like you were lead to believe. 😂🤣 Seriously I hope you know your fiancé better, but many K1 fiance's have never visited the US, barely speak English, and have only met in person one time for 1-2 weeks. Anyway, the letter is for your information. It does not go to the interview so wait on it or don't. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

I explained that before

The letter from London assumes you had no clue what to do next and had not been on VJ. It tells you to apply for your K1 visa using the instructions on their website and the link https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ You are way ahead of that in your preparation. 

There's a photocopy of the petition your fiancé submitted so you can read what it said and find out he/she has 6 kids he/she didn't tell you about.  And you aren't marrying a doctor like you were lead to believe. 😂🤣 Seriously I hope you know your fiancé better, but many K1 fiance's have never visited the US, barely speak English, and have only met in person one time for 1-2 weeks. Anyway, the letter is for your information. It does not go to the interview so wait on it or don't. 

Wait.. So you’re telling me I’m NOT marrying a doctor?! 😱😂 Just kidding! We actually met working at a summer camp in the US and have spent several months at a time visiting each other, so we’re a little different compared to the relationships who have yet to even meet yet 😅

Youve been a great help with all of this information. It’s been difficult to find concrete answers online of the next steps and how long each stage takes, so I’m glad I signed up on VJ! 

Thanks 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, LCSTOTT said:

Wait.. So you’re telling me I’m NOT marrying a doctor?! 😱😂 Just kidding! We actually met working at a summer camp in the US and have spent several months at a time visiting each other, so we’re a little different compared to the relationships who have yet to even meet yet 😅

Youve been a great help with all of this information. It’s been difficult to find concrete answers online of the next steps and how long each stage takes, so I’m glad I signed up on VJ! 

Thanks 

It is impossible to know a timeline. They change. The common denominator is it's never fast enough. The best info is from the London embassy website. However from many experiences reported on here in the U.K. FORUM we have learned:

1. You don't need that instruction letter.
  2. You don't have to actually go to the medical before booking your interview. 
  3. Your medical results will not likely arrive in 5 days like they say. Slowed in Jan 2017.
  4. You only need one US passport size photo for your interview.
  5. You do not need to take photocopies of your documents to the interview.
  6. You do not need to prove income five different ways. London is chill on that.
  7. Sometimes they try to address spouse visa things and fiancé visa things in the same information and it can confuse you because the processes are different. Spouses do get an assigned appointment from NVC/You pick your own. Spouses DS-260/You DS-160. Spouses I-864/You I-134.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.