Jump to content

Certified Unabridged Birth Certificate - K1?

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am the mom of an American petitioner advising the mom of a SA beneficiary!! (We are both International helicopter parents I guess 😊). I’ve been guiding my daughter and her fiancé on this journey for months. Finally we are approaching the Interview May 30.


After months and months of pursuing the UBC from Home Affairs, it was finally available yesterday and printed there. Yesterday we celebrated, since that was the last hurdle before the interview.


My in-law to be (beneficiary’s mom) is now saying she needs to get the UBC certified. Does anybody know what she means? I haven’t seen it stated that the UBC needs to be certified- and I’m afraid something might happen to the UBC with this next step...


Advice welcomed!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.