Text stating received .................. 4-26-2011

I130 approved .............................. 7-11-2011

AOS Processing Fee ................. 7-18-2011

Choice of agent Paperwork ...... 7-18-2011

The wait 11-23-2011

Medical 2-16-2012

Visa Interview 3-06-2012

Arrived at O Hare 5-14-2012

ok so how i am understanding what you said is that you handed over your medical at the POE...right...well that really doesn't matter because when you file for your AOS the person looking at your case will not be seeing that medical..which is why you have to get a whole new medical doen when you file for your AOS...which is why you need that sheet that you handed in because then the civial surgeon can just transfer the info onto the i-693...latley i have been reading that the cival surgeons are demanding a whole new physical and charging 100 plus...

so i guess what you need to do is get a new physical done...sucks i know but from what you are saying...i thnk that is what is needed to be done...

Sorry, Nanny, but the hi-lighted information is incorrect.

Definately incorrect...if this were the case EVERYONE would be needing new medicals. Some CS can demand that you have a new medical but that doesn't mean you have to use them either. In our experience, we called around to find one that didn't require a new medical and transferred my husband's vaccination information to the I-693A for us.

Miranda, could you contact a CS here and tell them about your situation? Maybe you can get a copy of your medical done in London and have it sent to the CS, if he or she is willing to transcribe it to the I-693 for you. Other than that, it sounds like a new medical will have to be done. Hope this gets resolved soon for you. *hugs*

Thanks Karen for the well wishes - when James posted this I was actually in DC for a conference and got so mad I almost went to go hunt down someone important and yell at them! There is a CS very near where we live, within 2 minutes actually, and we will probably go speak to them. They did our I-693A for free since I think they have not had much experience with immigration things like that, so hopefully their ignorance might work in our favor and they will give us a fair price for whatever it is we need them to do (new medical or transcribing old one). James has family friends in the Department of State and he is going to speak to them, since USCIS is saying that is where the problem occurred, and if that gets us nowhere we will probably end up doing the new medical or paying money to have something done. Our nearest office is 4+ hours away in Atlanta and frankly we just cannot afford the cost of going down there and possibly getting told to just get a new medical, it will end up costing us probably the same as it would to just get a new medical period. Thanks for all the other replies too....hopefully we can work this out. I am fuming mad though about it, but if getting this medical done again means a greencard then I guess we have no choice (but I suspect this is separate from namechecks and we might still be in that black hole too).

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Hi guys, I just got an RFE from USCIS asking for my I-693. The thing is, I already gave them that at my POE last year.

Here is what it says:

Request for additional evidence (I-485)

MEDICAL EXAMINATION (FORM I-693)

NOTE: All medical examinations and vaccinations must be conducted and administered by a physician who is on the list of civil surgeons approved by USCIS. Then some stuff about obtaining names of those surgeons..........

I-693 MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS: Please submit a properly completed and signed form I-693, Medical examination of aliens seeking adjustment of status. The medical examination must be conducted by a physician who is on the list of civil surgeons approved by USCIS.

A review of the record indicates that you entered the united states pursuant to a valid K-1/K-2 nonimmigrant visa. However, the US Department of state did not forward the medical forms DS-2053, DS-3024, DS-3025 and DS-3026 that were completed prior to visa issuance, OR the record shows that over 12 months of time has transpired since you were medically examined in conjunction with your K-1/K-2 visa entry.

Therefore, you are requested to submit the aforementioned I-693, Medical examination of aliens seeking adjustment of status, completed by a physician who is on the list of approved surgeons.

It says I have until August 8, 2007 to submit the information.

So obviously someone has lost my medical exam that I handed over at JFK on arrival. Now should I reply back to USCIS and state that or just get another medical examination done here?? I think its outrageous they can just lose somebodys forms and then expect them to redo them and pay over $300, that should be illegal!

I dont want to risk being denied by not sending them what they want though... please help! Can anyone offer sound advice about where I should go from here? I called USCIS but the woman wasnt very helpful and said I could try getting a copy of my medical exam sent over from England (but i doubt uscis would accept a copy), or I could make an infopass appointment and drive 4 hours each way to Atlanta just to ask them if they would accept a copy of it!

I am so sick of this whole process and the immigration authorities, they are complete idiots.

Please help!

~James

:unsure::help:

This won't actually help your situation but I have read other post saying you can also take the I-693 and go to a civil doctor approved by the USCIS and have them transfer those records to an I-693a supplement form. After reading your post I see that you said you gave them the I-693 so is there more than one copy of this? If everyone gives this to the POE and how are they getting an I-693a filled out? :wacko: Just curious.

Good Luck,

Charlie

MJ & Charlie

Removing of Conditions on Residency (I-751)

01-12-10 Packed received at CSC

01-12-10 NOA1

Biometrics wasn't required, they skipped that part

02-03-10 NOA2 I-797C APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Get the DS3025 vaccination worksheet from the doctor who did the medical

in your country faxed or mailed to you.

Take it to a civil surgeon here to get it transfered to the I693.

Check around, the fees vary greatly and a reasonable fee is $10-$50.

You will get this form in a sealed envelope from the civil surgeon, ask for

your own copy.

You stated above that you already turned in the I693 at the POE. That is not correct

as only a civil surgeon can fill out this form not a panel physician in your country.

It seems to me this is a standard form and they only want the I693 from a civil surgeon here.

I agree that the medial should be good for 1 year up to time of adjudication.

I would like someone to confirm that though. Who has received the same RFE

wording and only needed the I693 transfer ?

A panel physician is a civil surgeon. At least that is how it was worded when I got my medical exam instructions before i got my k-1 visa. For some reason on my sheet of acceptable civil surgeons, they named them panel physicians. It's the same thing.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hi guys, I just got an RFE from USCIS asking for my I-693. The thing is, I already gave them that at my POE last year.

Here is what it says:

Request for additional evidence (I-485)

MEDICAL EXAMINATION (FORM I-693)

NOTE: All medical examinations and vaccinations must be conducted and administered by a physician who is on the list of civil surgeons approved by USCIS. Then some stuff about obtaining names of those surgeons..........

I-693 MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS: Please submit a properly completed and signed form I-693, Medical examination of aliens seeking adjustment of status. The medical examination must be conducted by a physician who is on the list of civil surgeons approved by USCIS.

A review of the record indicates that you entered the united states pursuant to a valid K-1/K-2 nonimmigrant visa. However, the US Department of state did not forward the medical forms DS-2053, DS-3024, DS-3025 and DS-3026 that were completed prior to visa issuance, OR the record shows that over 12 months of time has transpired since you were medically examined in conjunction with your K-1/K-2 visa entry.

Therefore, you are requested to submit the aforementioned I-693, Medical examination of aliens seeking adjustment of status, completed by a physician who is on the list of approved surgeons.

It says I have until August 8, 2007 to submit the information.

So obviously someone has lost my medical exam that I handed over at JFK on arrival. Now should I reply back to USCIS and state that or just get another medical examination done here?? I think its outrageous they can just lose somebodys forms and then expect them to redo them and pay over $300, that should be illegal!

I dont want to risk being denied by not sending them what they want though... please help! Can anyone offer sound advice about where I should go from here? I called USCIS but the woman wasnt very helpful and said I could try getting a copy of my medical exam sent over from England (but i doubt uscis would accept a copy), or I could make an infopass appointment and drive 4 hours each way to Atlanta just to ask them if they would accept a copy of it!

I am so sick of this whole process and the immigration authorities, they are complete idiots.

Please help!

~James

:unsure::help:

This won't actually help your situation but I have read other post saying you can also take the I-693 and go to a civil doctor approved by the USCIS and have them transfer those records to an I-693a supplement form. After reading your post I see that you said you gave them the I-693 so is there more than one copy of this? If everyone gives this to the POE and how are they getting an I-693a filled out? :wacko: Just curious.

Good Luck,

Charlie

The medical exam I-693 is in the sealed brown envelope which you give the IO at the POE. The reason we are able to get the I-693A supplement form transcribed without the I-693, is because we have to just give them the Ds-3025 vaccination form which was given to us by the CS who did our exam. So, to sum it up, you need DS-3025 to get that I-693A form filled out and has nothing to do with the I-693. We do not get a copy of the I-693 form.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.