aqb

affidavit of support evidence

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My interview is Wednesday and just realized we might not have enough information. We followed the instructions on the i-134 instruction sheet

but reading online it seems like everyone provided other evidence that I'm worried if I need or not. For example an 1040 form and paystubs. We

have a letter from his employee that provide salary and copies of last 2 W2s. Am I screwed without the 1040? 

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just had my interview last Wednesday. They did take my fiance's W2's and 1040's for the past 3 years. 
Along with the letter from the bank and employment letter. 
Your fiance can download the 1040's and scan/email them to you. That's what mine did.

Edit to add: They did not request his paystubs.

Edited by EdmoAm

K1 & K2:
I129f Sent: March 23, 2018

NOA1: March 29, 2018
RFE: September 29, 2018
RFE reply: October 12, 2018 (Re-sent USC birth certificate and beneficiary's divorce certificate)
NOA2: November 03, 2018 (219 days from NOA1)
NVC Received: November 23, 2018 (20 days from NOA2)

NVC Case Number: December 07, 2018 (14 days from NVC received)
NVC Left: December 26, 2018 (19 days from NVC case number)
Consulate Received: December 31, 2018 (5 days from NVC left)
CEAC status 'Ready': January 7, 2019 (7 days from consulate received)
P3 Sent: January 14, 2019 (7 days from 'Ready')
P4 Received: February 1, 2019 (18 days from P3 sent)
Interview: March 13, 2019- APPROVED! (40 days from P4; 349 days from NOA1)
Visa in Hand: June 3, 2019 (82 days since interview)

(Guaranteed delivery date March 21, 2019- Canada Post "lost" my package)
                               Passports/Visas officially declared "lost": April 15, 2019 (33 days since interview)
                               Reapply for new passports: April 16, 2019 (34 days since interview)

Received New Passports: April 29, 2019 (47 days since interview)
                               New Passports Delivered to Consulate: May 2, 2019 (50 days since interview)
                               USC Contacted State Senator to request inquiry: May 23, 2019 (71 days since interview)

POE: June 20, 2019
Marriage: August 13, 2019

AOS

I-485, I-765, I-131 Sent: September 9, 2019
I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1: September 16, 2019
I-485, I-165 Biometrics: October 10, 2019
I-485 Case update- ready to be scheduled for interview : November 8, 2019

I-485 Case update- Interview has been scheduled: November 13, 2019 (Dallas, Tx)
Interview:

event.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EdmoAm said:

I just had my interview last Wednesday. They did take my faince's W2's and 1040's for the past 3 years. 
Along with the letter from the bank and employment letter. 
Your fiance can download the 1040's and scan/email them to you. That's what mine did.

Ah! Thank you =) I will get on that ASAP. How did you handle the deposit statements? Just printed every month? And did you have to submit any paystubs?

Edited by aqb

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, aqb said:

Ah! Thank you 😃 I will get on that ASAP. How did you handle the deposit statements? Just printed every month? 

The letter from the bank stated the date the account was opened, the current balance, and the 365 day monthly average for deposits.

K1 & K2:
I129f Sent: March 23, 2018

NOA1: March 29, 2018
RFE: September 29, 2018
RFE reply: October 12, 2018 (Re-sent USC birth certificate and beneficiary's divorce certificate)
NOA2: November 03, 2018 (219 days from NOA1)
NVC Received: November 23, 2018 (20 days from NOA2)

NVC Case Number: December 07, 2018 (14 days from NVC received)
NVC Left: December 26, 2018 (19 days from NVC case number)
Consulate Received: December 31, 2018 (5 days from NVC left)
CEAC status 'Ready': January 7, 2019 (7 days from consulate received)
P3 Sent: January 14, 2019 (7 days from 'Ready')
P4 Received: February 1, 2019 (18 days from P3 sent)
Interview: March 13, 2019- APPROVED! (40 days from P4; 349 days from NOA1)
Visa in Hand: June 3, 2019 (82 days since interview)

(Guaranteed delivery date March 21, 2019- Canada Post "lost" my package)
                               Passports/Visas officially declared "lost": April 15, 2019 (33 days since interview)
                               Reapply for new passports: April 16, 2019 (34 days since interview)

Received New Passports: April 29, 2019 (47 days since interview)
                               New Passports Delivered to Consulate: May 2, 2019 (50 days since interview)
                               USC Contacted State Senator to request inquiry: May 23, 2019 (71 days since interview)

POE: June 20, 2019
Marriage: August 13, 2019

AOS

I-485, I-765, I-131 Sent: September 9, 2019
I-485, I-765, I-131 NOA1: September 16, 2019
I-485, I-165 Biometrics: October 10, 2019
I-485 Case update- ready to be scheduled for interview : November 8, 2019

I-485 Case update- Interview has been scheduled: November 13, 2019 (Dallas, Tx)
Interview:

event.png

Letter from the bank is extra. Having employer letter, current paystubs, and prior year tax returns is usually enough.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

Letter from the bank is extra. Having employer letter, current paystubs, and prior year tax returns is usually enough.

Hopefully. Our bank letter says to refer to customer for deposit information which is kind of annoying. So I will be printing off statements the past year to cover that. Hopefully they don't mind more paper. 

Timeline

The letter from the bank is normally called "Deposits-Consumer Fulfillment-Confirmation of Account Standing" in bank lingo. I personally submit house deed, bank account statements (in addition to the bank letter), official credit reports, 401k balances, all stock holdings, tax returns, and letter from employer. Better to go overboard for piece of mind in my opinion. Everything is subject to the worker you get and it is at their discretion as to how to handle your case.

Timeline
42 minutes ago, ScooterJones said:

The letter from the bank is normally called "Deposits-Consumer Fulfillment-Confirmation of Account Standing" in bank lingo. I personally submit house deed, bank account statements (in addition to the bank letter), official credit reports, 401k balances, all stock holdings, tax returns, and letter from employer. Better to go overboard for piece of mind in my opinion. Everything is subject to the worker you get and it is at their discretion as to how to handle your case.

For your bank statements did you print out all transactions? Or just the first few to show bank activity

Timeline
Just now, aqb said:

For your bank statements did you print out all transactions? Or just the first few to show bank activity

I print out the full statement of the last month before filing the affidavit of support. In my opinion, only printing out the first page will make it seem like you are hiding something. These people are used to forged and faked documents. Handing them a brick of information that actually proves your financial situation is my personal preference. Note this is different than if you were to hand them a brick full of text messages saying you have a ton of money. Lol :)

Note that we didn’t use bank statements for k-1 or AOS. It’s more important at the AOS stage if it shows comingling of funds, but if you’re just trying to show income, then all you need to show is deposits when it comes to bank info.

too much information has been known to hurt people. Such as a fiancé believing that showing they send money to their foreign fiancé or vice versa looks good, when in reality, USCIS can see it as the foreign Fiancé is sending money as a way to purchase their way into a green card or as the USC buying a marriage.

there was a case on here back when I was doing my k-1 where the CO actually asked the foreign fiancé if they knew about the USCs credit problems due to court filings and such they provided. Wasn’t any crimes they needed to show, but they even offered documents showing they had been at court to pay off debts. If for some reason you think your bank statements could hurt you, then just send the deposits, that’s all they want anyways. (And again, it’s optional proof)

Edited by Ash.1101

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

Note that we didn’t use bank statements for k-1 or AOS. It’s more important at the AOS stage if it shows comingling of funds, but if you’re just trying to show income, then all you need to show is deposits when it comes to bank info.

too much information has been known to hurt people. Such as a fiancé believing that showing they send money to their foreign fiancé or vice versa looks good, when in reality, USCIS can see it as the foreign Fiancé is sending money as a way to purchase their way into a green card or as the USC buying a marriage.

there was a case on here back when I was doing my k-1 where the CO actually asked the foreign fiancé if they knew about the USCs credit problems due to court filings and such they provided. Wasn’t any crimes they needed to show, but they even offered documents showing they had been at court to pay off debts. If for some reason you think your bank statements could hurt you, then just send the deposits, that’s all they want anyways. (And again, it’s optional proof)

Agreed. I would never recommend disclosing anything that you just mentioned as far as transactions between beneficiary and petitioner. Same with joint bank account statements.

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Ash.1101 said:

I agree, but my issue is the bank letter we received doesn't disclose the deposits information so this is my only way of filling that requirement of having deposit history evidence. What do you think? I'm flying out tomorrow and won't really have a chance to get a new letter. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, aqb said:

I agree, but my issue is the bank letter we received doesn't disclose the deposits information so this is my only way of filling that requirement of having deposit history evidence. What do you think? I'm flying out tomorrow and won't really have a chance to get a new letter. 

I would be calling them or chatting with them online to try to get a letter just in case. It seems that some people are OK without it depending on how strict the officer you get is. When I ask my bank for the "Deposits-Consumer Fulfillment-Confirmation of Account Standing" they can usually get it to my online portal within an hour.

If you can't get the letter then definitely print out your last complete statement showing your bank account history and as much other information as possible.

Edited by ScooterJones

Timeline
1 minute ago, ScooterJones said:

I would be calling them or chatting with them online to try to get a letter just in case. It seems that some people are OK without it depending on how strict the officer you get is. When I ask my bank for the "Deposits-Consumer Fulfillment-Confirmation of Account Standing" they can usually get it to my online portal within an hour.

Oh wow, that's awesome info. I'll let my fiance know right away. Thanks for the help guys, you're all life savers ❤️ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.