Jump to content

Address or employment change during K-1 process

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I was just wondering if anyone's dealt with an address or employment change while waiting for the K-1 process to conclude? Is there a way to handle that? Because physical address and proof of employment are important parts of the 129F form, but I'm just wondering what to do if either of those things potentially change during the waiting period after submitting the 129F form.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can change your address no problem! I moved during my K1 process a few months ago. You put in the request online and everything was taken care of.

I couldn't tell you about a change of employment

06/26/18  -  I-129F sent to CSC

06/28/18  -  USCIS signed for I-129F

07/03/18  -  NOA1 hard copy

12/03/18  -  NOA2 electronic

12/10/18  -  NOA2 hard copy

12/14/18  -  NVC received case

12/19/18  -  NVC issued case number

01/08/19  -  NVC in transit

01/10/19  -  Case received at Mumbai Embassy

03/07/19  -  Interview Date (221g given for "Proof of Relationship")

03/18/19  - 221g evidence submitted


❤️ From Worlds Apart... to a Lifetime Together!! ❤️

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,
Due to the longer-than-imaginable processing times, my fiancee and I may have to actually leave our current country (Czech Republic) and venture elsewhere to work while we await processing. 
I see the forms for change-of-address mentioned above, but change of country would mean the info we submitted on our application will be incomplete. Should we just move and wait to explain all to our interview officer in our new country (and provide visas, work permits etc.) or is there a way to amend an existing application? I see no provision for this on the USCIS websites. I guess last-ditch choice is to withdraw current application and start over in new country. Circumstances likely prevent us from staying here.
Thanks for any help!
Glenn M

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.