skim0806

Oath ceremony place after name change

4 posts in this topic

Dear all,

I applied my naturalization in JAX office, got it approved on March 5th (see my timeline below).

Now I'm in line for the oath ceremony.

I understand I have to do it in front of the judge because of my name change.

I also heard that I can't predict when it's going to happen much as it all depends on the waiting list..

However, can anyone tell me where it is going to occur?

Will it be Jacksonville as I had the interview there? 

Or is it the city I live in (Gainesville)?

Somewhere else?

Every city has own naturalization oath schedule at the courthouse every month, but I don't know where mine is going to be.

I just wonder if I can guess the date, if I know which city I will have the ceremony.

Thank you and wish all the N400 filers the best!!

Filed up.gif down.gif NOA up.gif down.gif Bio. . up.gif down.gif Interview 
2018-12-24 2018-12-26 2019-01-15 2019-03-05

7 hours ago, skim0806 said:

Dear all,

I applied my naturalization in JAX office, got it approved on March 5th (see my timeline below).

Now I'm in line for the oath ceremony.

I understand I have to do it in front of the judge because of my name change.

I also heard that I can't predict when it's going to happen much as it all depends on the waiting list..

However, can anyone tell me where it is going to occur?

Will it be Jacksonville as I had the interview there? 

Or is it the city I live in (Gainesville)?

Somewhere else?

Every city has own naturalization oath schedule at the courthouse every month, but I don't know where mine is going to be.

I just wonder if I can guess the date, if I know which city I will have the ceremony.

Thank you and wish all the N400 filers the best!!

Filed up.gif down.gif NOA up.gif down.gif Bio. . up.gif down.gif Interview 
2018-12-24 2018-12-26 2019-01-15 2019-03-05

I think you will have at court in Jacksonville cos i am also scheduled for next month in court with change name request in Jacksonville 

I am living in palatka if you know where is it that so i got scheduled in Jacksonville 

Good luck 

Here is ceremony date 

Bryan Simpson United States Courthouse
300 North Hogan Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
10:30 to 11:30 a.m.

•  January 24

•  February 20

•  March 21

•  April 18 (currently designated as the Law Day Ceremony)

•  May 30

•  June 27

•  July 25

•  August 29

•  September 19 (designated as the Constitution Day Ceremony)

•  October 24

•  November 21

Filed: Timeline
17 hours ago, bestluck said:

I think you will have at court in Jacksonville cos i am also scheduled for next month in court with change name request in Jacksonville 

I am living in palatka if you know where is it that so i got scheduled in Jacksonville 

Good luck 

Here is ceremony date 

Bryan Simpson United States Courthouse
300 North Hogan Street
Jacksonville, FL 32202
10:30 to 11:30 a.m.

•  January 24

•  February 20

•  March 21

•  April 18 (currently designated as the Law Day Ceremony)

•  May 30

•  June 27

•  July 25

•  August 29

•  September 19 (designated as the Constitution Day Ceremony)

•  October 24

•  November 21

I have a different experience from @bestluck though.

When I had my interview in Jacksonville last Dec, I specifically asked if I can have my oath taking ceremony anywhere coz I didn't care if I had to travel far just as long as I can have it earlier. He said in my case, no, I have to do it in Tallahassee. I did not request for name change. I had my ceremony last Thurs, judicial, with 11 fellow new US Citizens who requested name changes.

Whether Gainesville or Jax, you shouldn't have to wait long because both have ceremonies every month! If you're as lucky as bestluck, you'll hear something by 3 weeks. Mine took 46 days after interview to get oath notification for a march ceremony (bec it's every 2 months), a total of 94 days after interview. My Jax n-400 application was extremely slow though (10 months) compared to almost everybody else. I'm sure you'll hear something within a month. I think that you'll be naturalized by May or June. Google 'naturalization ceremonies northern district us district court' for Gainesville naturalization ceremonies. bestluck aleady gave the ones for Jax. Good luck and congrats!

Thank you bestluck and xyz12345 for sharing your experience.

I also don't mind where it will happen, but just hope it doesn't take too long.

I did not hear anything till now but keep everyone updated after I get the oath ceremony letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.