Miosotty M

Error in the date of the certificate of naturalization.

7 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!
We recently applied for k1, in the emotion of filling out the form we checked 3 times, until a friend of the family that used to fill it up reviewed it. But until today we realize that we have some errors, one of them is the date of issuance of your certificate of naturalization and we left unfilled Part 3 multiple filer of waivers resquest information. We understand that it does not apply, since it is the first time you ask someone.
What do you do in such cases?
It would be a reason to deny the case, or should cancel the case and apply again?

12 minutes ago, Miosotty M said:

Hello everyone!
We recently applied for k1, in the emotion of filling out the form we checked 3 times, until a friend of the family that used to fill it up reviewed it. But until today we realize that we have some errors, one of them is the date of issuance of your certificate of naturalization and we left unfilled Part 3 multiple filer of waivers resquest information. We understand that it does not apply, since it is the first time you ask someone.
What do you do in such cases?
It would be a reason to deny the case, or should cancel the case and apply again?

Did you submit your naturalization certificate or your passport?

The certificate should have a date. 

I remember when I apply for my wife for the i129f, I couldn't found my certificate then I submitted all my pages on my passport.

I didn't have the date of my certificate on the application, USCIS approved without the date. 

Hace 2 minutos, samuelam dijo:

¿Ha presentado su certificado de naturalización o su pasaporte?

El certificado debe tener una fecha. 

Recuerden que cuando solicito a mi esposa el i129f, no pude encontrar mi certificado y luego presentar todas mis páginas en mi pasaporte.

No tenía la fecha de mi certificado en la solicitud, USCIS aprobado sin la fecha. 

The date he asked for was the issue of a certificate of citizenship and since he could not find his certificate, he placed his passport, assuming it was the same. However, we send a copy of the certificate (once found) and all passport pages.

3 minutes ago, Miosotty M said:

The date he asked for was the issue of a certificate of citizenship and since he could not find his certificate, he placed his passport, assuming it was the same. However, we send a copy of the certificate (once found) and all passport pages.

I didn't assuming it was the same.

USCIS accept either a valid US passport or Naturalization Certificate for proof of US Citizenship.

1 minute ago, samuelam said:

No asumí que era lo mismo.

USCIS acepta un pasaporte válido de los EE. UU. O un Certificado de Naturalización como prueba de ciudadanía estadounidense.

So I think there should be no problems, because we send proof that he is a citizen. We also put on the form the certificate number and place of oath.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.