Hemutian

What are the actual contents of the P1 (NOA1)?

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

First of all, I just want to confirm to make sure: is the "P1" the same thing as the "NOA1" and the "P2" the same thing as the "NOA2"?

I sent in the I-129F on 2/22/19. Three weeks came and went, and I didn't receive any NOA1 (P1). At this point, I should explain that I live in China with my fiancee, not in the US, so when the I-129F asked for my "physical address" and "mailing address" I provided my fiancee's address here in China.

So I was getting concerned that 3 weeks had gone by and I hadn't gotten any news of my case, so I called up the TSC the other day, and they told me that the NOA1 can only be sent to a US address (I also provided my email address on the G-1145 form, but they never notified me at this email address). I'd spent hours combing through this website, and nowhere did I see anyone say that I must enter a US address because the NOA1 can only be sent to US addresses. So what do all the petitioners who live overseas do?

Anyway, the person on the phone at the TSC was able to tell me that my case is being processed, and give me my receipt number, so that was a relief. In fact, the TSC told me that my NOA1 was all ready to send out way back on 2/28/19. 

Now that I have my receipt number, I was able to create a USCIS online account, and change my address to my parents' address in the US so that any future packages that must be sent to a US address will go to a US address. Can someone confirm if this is true of the P2 (NOA2)? That is, can the NOA2 only be sent to a US address?

As for my P1 (NOA1) which I never received, I wonder if following my address change they will now be sending it to me?

But in the case that it doesn't automatically get resent to my changed address, I'm wondering: what exactly is inside the P1 (NOA1)?

Can somebody please explain to me the exact contents of this package? Is there important information inside that I need? Is the contents of the NOA1 specific to the petitioner, or is it generic and the same for everyone?

Or is the information I gained on the phone with the TSC (and on the USCIS website "case status" once I created an online account) essentially the same thing as receiving a physical NOA1? 

Also, if I haven't actually physically received the NOA1, but I know that I should have, can I update my visajourney.com timeline to show my NOA1 date? And what date should I put? If the TSC told me that they opened my I-129F on 2/28/19, then should I list a NOA1 date of 2/28/19 plus a few days for shipping?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.