S_Sanchez

Case status

4 posts in this topic

My case status has been in Adiministrative Processing for more than 1 year now. I was informed to check the website ais.usvisa-info.com for any updates. I have checked this website, but do not get any information on the screen. I only get the message on the screen saying User Account: (My name and email address). What is going on? How can I check my case online? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
2 minutes ago, S_Sanchez said:

My case status has been in Adiministrative Processing for more than 1 year now. I was informed to check the website ais.usvisa-info.com for any updates. I have checked this website, but do not get any information on the screen. I only get the message on the screen saying User Account: (My name and email address). What is going on? How can I check my case online? 

What country are you from and what visa are you talking about? Please fill out your timeline, it will help us giving you accurate answers.

AP can take days, weeks, months or years. Not much you can do except wait. Some embassies are notorious for extended AP, but without background info (country, embassy, 221G? any weird circumstances) its hard to give you another answer then just wait (although in the end, you can only wait when you're in AP) 

4 hours ago, C90 said:

What country are you from and what visa are you talking about? Please fill out your timeline, it will help us giving you accurate answers.

AP can take days, weeks, months or years. Not much you can do except wait. Some embassies are notorious for extended AP, but without background info (country, embassy, 221G? any weird circumstances) its hard to give you another answer then just wait (although in the end, you can only wait when you're in AP) 

This is for an Immigrant Visa from Mexico. Went to consular appointment in March 2, 2018. I was put on Administrative Processing, but consular officer did not give reason. I have been trying to contact them ever since weekly with no reply as of now and I am not sure why I cannot check my status on the AIS website. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
17 hours ago, S_Sanchez said:

This is for an Immigrant Visa from Mexico. Went to consular appointment in March 2, 2018. I was put on Administrative Processing, but consular officer did not give reason. I have been trying to contact them ever since weekly with no reply as of now and I am not sure why I cannot check my status on the AIS website. 

Everyone goes through AP. In that stage they do the last checks (supervisor checks it, they check if you can really get the visa even if they said approved etc) Depending on how busy the consulate is and what happens in AP (if they find anything that they have to research further it can take a while) AP can take anywhere from days to weeks to months to years.

Personally I wouldn't contact them every week, but you could contact them every month to check in and see if there's an update. You can't do anything else unfortunately.

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.