Jump to content

Using assets to support

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am going to file spousal visa after marraige in 3,4 months. I may have enough income this year to support my spouse and quite possible i may not.

   However i have earned good income in past and i have money in my checking account which would be enought to make any difference with 3x assets rule. My bank statements show monthly check deposits in account for last 3 years.

  However,  my checking account doesn't give me any interest. I opened a new saving account that gives 2.3% interest that i would like to get.


Now question: if i transfer my savings to this new saving account,  can i use that money as an asset to support, they dont require money in bank for atleast a year or something like that? 

   I think by the time i pull statement to support her, it would already be at least 8,9 months of statement of my new bank account.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.