Jump to content

Marriage Certificate

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi good day! Me and my husband just completed requirements and ready to file for I-130 petition. But I just have one problem regarding our Marriage certificate. Usually here in philippines, middle name is your mother's last name. We got married here in philippines. So in our marriage certificate our middle names is our mother's last name, but in his birth certificate and passport in US his middle name is his second name. We're just worried. Do you think this will be a big conflict when we file the petition? Please help!😢 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you mean that your husband's middle name in your marriage certificate is not the same as the middle name in his birth certificate and US passport?  If that's the case, you need to have your marriage certificate corrected to match your husband's name in his other documents.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...