5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline

This is maybe a beginner question but I wonder how many copies of birth , divorce and marriage certificate are enough for the whole AOS package (with Advance Parole and W.Authorization). 

Thank you! 

Timeline
Just now, LizM said:

I interpreted it as three separate applications, and thus attached three different copies of BC and MC.

Thank you. Did you send just a photocopies ( I mean not all 3 samples have to be certified)?

Oh, that's an excellent question. If I remember correctly, I submitted a certified copy of my marriage certificate with the AOS application, and two photocopies of the certified married certificate with the EAD/AP applications. This is because I had seen someone get an RFIE for not including a certified copy, just photocopies, once, and I wanted to avoid that. It was easy to get a certified copy, I just went back to city hall and paid a small fee and it was done.

With my birth certificate I sent one original (AOS) and two photocopies (EAD/AP), because in Sweden we can get however many "originals" (stamped & signed) we want. I don't encourage you to send your original if you only have one, of course. In that case, send photocopies and bring the original come interview. I don't know which country you're from but I recommend you read up on guidelines regarding country-specific common issues with BCs. This way you can easily avoid RFIEs by newbie adjudicators, by for example attaching explanations, translations, etc ahead of time.

h

Timeline
54 minutes ago, LizM said:

Oh, that's an excellent question. If I remember correctly, I submitted a certified copy of my marriage certificate with the AOS application, and two photocopies of the certified married certificate with the EAD/AP applications. This is because I had seen someone get an RFIE for not including a certified copy, just photocopies, once, and I wanted to avoid that. It was easy to get a certified copy, I just went back to city hall and paid a small fee and it was done.

With my birth certificate I sent one original (AOS) and two photocopies (EAD/AP), because in Sweden we can get however many "originals" (stamped & signed) we want. I don't encourage you to send your original if you only have one, of course. In that case, send photocopies and bring the original come interview. I don't know which country you're from but I recommend you read up on guidelines regarding country-specific common issues with BCs. This way you can easily avoid RFIEs by newbie adjudicators, by for example attaching explanations, translations, etc ahead of time.

Thank you ! Exactly because these RFE-s people have got I have actually asked ! I have one certified copy of my marriage certificate ( asked at the court) that will be for AOS and will make 2 photocopies- exactly as you have done . Unfortunately for my birth and divorce certificate I have just one certified copy of each ( and certified translations) so I will have to send them photocopies but of course will show originals at the interview if asked.

I am Croatian citizen, LPR of Norway for many years. Adjusting from B2( Croatia is in the EU but we need B2 when traveling here ). 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.