Luis reyes

Do I need a waiver?

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm not sure if it's the right place to post this. 

I have my interview next month   but I'm not sure if I need a waiver. 

I went to visit this girl on 2015 we were just friends, after 3 months being there she had to travel to other state, we were in a the border town so I went to ask for i94 to travel inside the country. 

The immigration officer asked me when I entry the country and I told him 2 days before that   it was a lie I know I did it  because I friend told me I should do that. He always do that and it works for him. My bad I know. 

They took me to a little room, they asked me if the girl I was with it was my gf, fiance or wife, I told them she was my friend, they didn't believed me.  They thought I was lying again and they told me they think I wanted the i94 to get married or to change my status 

They told me I lie to them and I was in a very bad situation, they told me I deserve to get deported. They went to talk to her and she told them exactly the same I said  so they let me go but they told me they will keep it in my records. 

After that I asked for my foia, it was clean, I went with my family to Austin so I cross the border and I got an i94, I was there do one week,  couple months after that I use it again to go to visit her and I back 2 months after that. I went to the border to give my permit i94 back and that was the last time I cross the border. 

She came after that and we got engaged and now I'm about to go to get the interview to get the k1 visa 

I have some questions, 

Do you think I can get some troubles because of the lie?

Do I need a waiver? 

If they ask me if I live in USA what should I say? The maximum time I was there it was for 3 months adnd I had 6 months permission 

If they ask me if I had any detention. Should I say yes? 

I'm very nervous. I hop someone can help me 

I did talk to 2 lawyers. One told me if my foia was clean u shouldn't worry about it. But then he told me there's some records that are hide still 😒

The other lawyer told me they probably were pushing me to say I was already married or about to get married to take my visa away. He told me they do that alot. 

But none of them really know about if I could have troubles for the lie because none of the lawyers know if the immigration officer do something or not 

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Post removed for importing drama. TOS Violations are

• Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums.
  • Make comments in a Post either direct or implied toward another member that are purposely designed to upset, antagonize, make fun of, belittle, harass, insult, or otherwise instigate an argument that takes away from the personal enjoyment of the Service by other users~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.