1 post in this topic

Hey everyone. To update from mine and my husband's interview yesterday, we were approved! We went in around 1:30 as our appointment was at 2:00. Went through security and then the check in desk, where they took the original copy of the interview notice and asked us to proceed to the second floor, door number 2. We went to the second floor and sat in the front row by door 2 and kept an eye on the screen. At 2:18 the screen showed our ticket number, advising us to go to door 1. We waited for a few seconds and the Immigration Officer came out and asked us through, greeting us good afternoon and asking how we were. He showed us to his office and invited us to sit down. He asked for our ID's and we handed over our driving licenses, I had photocopies with me just in case. I had another photo taken and the fingerprints of my right and left index fingers. He then looked through our file and asked for our marriage certificate, I handed over both the original and the photocopy and he kept hold of the photocopy. I was then asked to confirm a few details, such as address and checking one of my signatures on the documents. The Officer went through the yes or no checklist questions, such as are you part of a terrorist group, have I ever claimed to be a US Citizen or a member of the Communist party etc. He then asked  how we met and I told him through Facebook back in October 2013, he then asked to see the wedding photo album we had and looked through it and asked where we had the wedding and my husband told him about Helen, an old fashioned German theme town that had a chapel by the river. The Officer seemed pleased with the album and probably got a few smiles out of some of the photos! He told us everything looks in order and that we are recommended for approval, he had me sign on one of the files under his signature and handed over the notice of interview results with a checked box next to ''Your application has been recommended for approval. A final decision will be mailed once your case is complete''. We thanked the Officer and my husband asked about the Officer's name, Bruce, stating we have come across it quite a number of times in the past and the Officer smiled and told us that Bruce meant thick brush and that his wife gets a kick out of that. We thanked him again and he blessed us. We were both so happy and relieved as I think I stressed way too much leading up to the interview, making sure everything in our (thick!) folder was in order. The Officer didn't look through it in the end but I always prefer to be over prepared! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.