Clotillda

Confusion with courtesy letter.

7 posts in this topic

Hey there!

I would really appreciate if someone shares ideas. I filled I-485/I-765 on 27th of April 2018, then got RFE, they got response on 20th of July 2018, and since then I didn't get any update. I put 3 inquiries for my work permit, did not hear back from them. Got Infopass in January and the officer supposed to expedite my work permit application, but I got just the courtesy letter about my medical examination and vaccination. I did another Infopass and the officer told to wait a bit, cause they supposed to expedite I-765 again, but she also told me that they are waiting for my medical examination. I'm a bit confused now. Because courtesy letter is saying that: "Do not mail any documents at this time. Mailing documents before receiving one of the notices referenced above may result a delay to your case." She was very convincing, that I still have to send it, though.

Did anyone send the I-693 after receiving courtesy letter?  Maybe, someone got similar situation?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@ClotilldaI also got a courtesy letter around mid December last year. I didn’t send my medical, I’m gonna give it to them on my interview, that is one of the options. So yeah I don’t know why the woman you talked to insist that you must submit your medical first.

Timeline

Did yours changed to ready to be scheduled for interview? When I got my courtesy letter I got worried so the next day I called USCIS just to make sure I understand what’s written in the letter and the woman I talked to said that yes, I can give the medical on my interview, that the letter is just to remind me that I need the medical.

4 minutes ago, Pengunista said:

When I got my courtesy letter I got worried so the next day I called USCIS just to make sure I understand what’s written in the letter and the woman I talked to said that yes, I can give the medical on my interview, that the letter is just to remind me that I need the medical.

It hasn't change yet(((( I talked today to 2nd level officer by phone and asked her if I should send my medical or not, she told that she can't give such kind of advice and I need to ask layer or consul o.O

Timeline

@Clotillda see I don’t know why that tier person can’t just let you know straight forward if you need to send it or wait for your interview. I have a friend who also did AOL and the whole thing, she sent hers July last year, she also didn’t send her medical right away, she got her EAD/AP October last year, she will have her interview on March 21, and she just made an appointment to do her medical next week, so she will bring it to her interview.

Have you tried calling again? Maybe this time someone more knowledge and more helpful would clear things for you. Maybe ask first about the courtesy letter and kinda ask if you can give your medical on your interview date and if the person said yes, then do a follow up question about your EAD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.