Layangalab

221g advise pls

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone! I would like to seek your wisdom on my mother’s current status as an applicant for IR5 visa. She was interviewed on February 25 at the US Embassy in Manila and was given the 221g because apparently, the embassy does not have on file her medical records from St. Luke’s Extension Clinic.

To provide context, my mother completed her medical examination on February 7, 2019 after waiting for 2 months for the result of her sputum culture.  The culture yielded negative result and she was immediately administered the necessary vaccinations.  St. Luke’s advised her to schedule the interview in one week’s time to give the facility ample time to submit/deliver report to the US Embassy.

On her interview day, my mother was able to adequately answer all questions by the Consular Officer.  However, they told her that they could not give her a visa yet because her medical record is not available. She was advised to go to St. Luke’s and request for new medical records which she needs to send together with her passport through courier.  When she called St. Luke’s, she was informed that her records were already delivered to the embassy on Feb 8 and that they can no longer provide a new record as everything was forwarded to the embassy.  Now, we are in a quandary as to how to proceed since the medical facility refuses to give my mother her medical record. We have raised the issue to the embassy through their customer service and an escalation report will be provided to the Consul for review/action.

Any suggestions and/or advise would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your time!

Thank you @USS_Voyager for your response. 

It appears that the US Embassy may have misplaced her medical records and does not have the time to conscientiously look into their files given their workload.  We are hoping to get a positive response from them, otherwise, we fear we she may go through the medical exam process again.

Edited by Layangalab

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/26/2019 at 2:23 PM, Layangalab said:

Thank you @USS_Voyager for your response. 

It appears that the US Embassy may have misplaced her medical records and does not have the time to conscientiously look into their files given their workload.  We are hoping to get a positive response from them, otherwise, we fear we she may go through the medical exam process again.

@Layangalab hello, any update of your mom's case? The CO gave my mom a 221g also. And still waiting for the result. We submitted the missing docs last february 22nd and there's no update yet.

Hi, @sasapusa24.  We received an email from the US Embassy that they will take appropriate action but as to when this will happen, we have no idea.  Our concern is that we are hindered from submitting my mother's new medical records because St. Luke's could not or would not release her file.  We are hoping that USEM will be able to locate her medical record soon.

Good luck and hope all will be well with our situations.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.