smislondon

I-864 problems

3 posts in this topic

I am the beneficiary and my husband sent off his 1040 and 1099 for 2017 but received an rfe for 2017 tax transcript. He can’t get it online and it takes 5-10 days for the transcript to arrive in the mail. This will then take us into March and it seems highly likely my interview will be after April 15th and I understand if your interview is after April 15th, I will have to produce the 2018 tax transcript at interview. Is that correct or can I still use 2017 tax transcript please? My interview will be in London, not sure how strict they are. 

Our problem is my husband has now fallen below income requirements for 2018 as he was also studying part time and working, he is self employed. Shall I just submit another I-864 showing his current income and use my assets which I believe is 3 times the difference, as he’s a US citizen sponsoring me, the spouse, to meet the requirement. Has anyone here have experience of this and received case complete please?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I am aware of a memorandum saying it's when you sign the form that counts as far as the date. Get the 2017 transcript to satisfy NVC and get them moving again. London is not strict and probably won't ask at the interview. 

However since it's no longer true that your husband qualifies to sponsor, that's a different kettle of fish. The honest thing to do is present an updated I-864 with 2018 return plus your assets at your interview.  Your choice. I'm not judging. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.