Nik629

K1 visa interview help - Mumbai - March 2019

5 posts in this topic

My interview is scheduled this March and was wondering if you can help me out with the following questions

1) Is I-134, W2s and paystubs enough or do we need anything else from the US citizen like tax return filing docs. 

2) Are 2 years of W2 sufficient?

3) How many paystubs do we need. (Like last 3-4 months or 6 months?)

4) We were also planning to letter from my fiancee's employer. The employer provided us with the following draft. Does this sound good or do we need to include any more information?

5) Is business casual a proper dress code or do I have to wear a suit and a tie?

To Whom it May Concern, 

This letter is to confirm that <petitioner-name> has been employed with us since <data>. <petitioner-name>  is currently working with us as a <petitioner-title>. Her annual salary is <petitioner-salary>. This is a full-time position.

If further information is needed, please contact <employer-number>.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/24/2019 at 11:32 PM, Nik629 said:

See my answers below:

1) Is I-134, W2s and paystubs enough or do we need anything else from the US citizen like tax return filing docs. 

>>You will need all that plus 3 years of tax returns. You fiance can request the tax return transcripts from the IRS: 

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

>> 3 years is better, to match the 3 years of tax returns.

>>3 months should be fine

4) We were also planning to letter from my fiancee's employer. The employer provided us with the following draft. Does this sound good or do we need to include any more information?

>>Letter looks good. I would add the following info at the top of the page:image.png.8f516cc4f920c3cfe033fd21d80990ff.png

Signed and dated by the employer.

5) Is business casual a proper dress code or do I have to wear a suit and a tie?

>>Business casual is fine. You don't need to wear a tie. Just look clean and presentable, but be yourself.

On 2/24/2019 at 11:32 PM, Nik629 said:

To Whom it May Concern, 

This letter is to confirm that <petitioner-name> has been employed with us since <data>. <petitioner-name>  is currently working with us as a <petitioner-title>. Her annual salary is <petitioner-salary>. This is a full-time position.

image.png

image.png

• 3 months later...
On 2/25/2019 at 1:32 AM, Nik629 said:

My interview is scheduled this March and was wondering if you can help me out with the following questions

To Whom it May Concern, 

Nik629

I hope your interview went well!

Please let us know what your experience was like..

We have an interview on June 28th in Mumbai. 

CR1 spouse visa

I am a US citizen sponsoring my wife. 

Are there any members who have recently interviewed at Mumbai for CR1.

What was your experience like? 

Has anyone mentioned the interviewer asking for additional social media or information that might be on the DS 5535? 

We were never asked to fill out a DS 5535 but the new policy just went into effect May 31st so I am hoping this will not delay the visa approval. 

Thanks

Jay Maru

Thank you!

Hi @Bama_Nation,

Yes our interview went well and I am currently in the States. 

I was in the US before so the interviewer started off by asking questions regarding my previous visas which were F1 and H1B.

The interview then asked how I met my now wife(fiancee back then - we got married the next day I landed in the States :)). He looked at my passport and saw that I travelled to various other countries and he asked if I make a lot of money. I said that I save for my travel and hence I was grateful and fortunate that I found someone who shares my values and that we get to travel to these countries.

He asked me what my dad does for a living, and then he asked me about our proposal. He said that my visa is approved and I should hear back from them in a week about my passport.

Mine was a K1 visa, so I dont know about DS5535.

Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, Nik629 said:

Hi @Bama_Nation,

Yes our interview went well and I am currently in the States. 

I was in the US before so the interviewer started off by asking questions regarding my previous visas which were F1 and H1B.

The interview then asked how I met my now wife(fiancee back then - we got married the next day I landed in the States :)). He looked at my passport and saw that I travelled to various other countries and he asked if I make a lot of money. I said that I save for my travel and hence I was grateful and fortunate that I found someone who shares my values and that we get to travel to these countries.

He asked me what my dad does for a living, and then he asked me about our proposal. He said that my visa is approved and I should hear back from them in a week about my passport.

Mine was a K1 visa, so I dont know about DS5535.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the reply.

Congratulations!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.