Sfetty and Wiz

Renewing UK passport whilst on K-1 visa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I am worried about renewing my passport and being able to travel back and forth UK to US. 

My British passport is due to expire at the end of July. We filed all the US paperwork (AOS, travel doc, EAD) and it was received by the Visa centre November 2018. We have not heard back from USCIS about when we will be receiving any of these documents, they are still being processed; I thought I would at least have the EAD and travel doc back by now as it is over 90 days.

I am worried about renewing my passport (sending certified mail back to UK) as my k-1 visa in my passport has not been updated. I am worried about getting a new passport sent back to me without the I-94 stamp that showed my original entry to the US associated with that visa.

Will this be a problem? Does anyone have any experience with this, having to renew their British passport before they have received I-131 travel doc? 

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Your current passport with visa and stamps will be returned to you with the corner clipped off in case you need it for something. The K1 visa is no longer valid or used for travel. Your new passport and EAD/AP card will be used. Your K1 entry is recorded and the I-94 is available online.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.