8 posts in this topic

I have a question. I have a I751 case pending with immigration. My I 511 stamp expired on 02/05/19, prior to the expiration I called USCIS due to the fact that in NYC you cannot get an infopass online anymore. The officer told me to send a letter explaining the reason of why i need it the stamp. I did send the letter and instead of receiving the infopass appointment I had my interview schedule for 02/11/19. I went to the interview and a week after I received a letter of RFE where I have to submit a valid non expired government issue ID and another documentation. Now, I went to the DMV to get my divers license renewed and they couldn't do it because the stamp of my passport is expired. So I tried to get an infopass here in NYC but nothing is available, so I took an appointment in Albany. I have to submit these documentation on May 10th so I have a little bit of time. My question is, can I get I still get my infopass even though mine is expired? Also would be an issue getting it in Albany instead of NYC? THANK YOU FOR YOU TIME AND HELP.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Submit copy of  passport , it is a government issue ID ( since the letter did not ask for US government issue ID), regarding other document, I am not clear, but may be bank statement, ID of your company's security key, any other photo ID

Edited by dilip

27 minutes ago, dilip said:

You said , you went for an interview, what interview?  RFE for I-751?

Hi,

So I went for the I 751 interview. After the interview the officer took copies of my passport, drivers license, social security, and temporary green card. A week after the interview I received a letter where the officer is asking for two additional documents to add to the application.

She asked me a document that I have and additionally a non expired government issue ID. Now my license is expired and they cannot renew it if I don't have a i551 stamp on passport. I believe that's the only ID that I can provide because what else she wants? School ID?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Which date you got your  Infopass appointment in Albany?  How far it is from your place?  It might provide you a chance to talk to an IO, but try to call USCIS and explain your case for any suggestions.

School ID is not government issue ID.    Do you have any degree certificate with photo? or any examination you have given which issue ID with your name printed on it?- They are not government ID either.  

It seems that your passport is the only document you have which has not expired, but IO took photocopy.  I will send it again, but wait for your infopass appointment and also comments from other people.

Also, post your filing date, NOA, service center and EAC18047XXX, that is first 5 number.  Any 12 months and 18 months extension letter.

Edited by dilip

39 minutes ago, dilip said:

Which date you got your  Infopass appointment in Albany?  How far it is from your place?  It might provide you a chance to talk to an IO, but try to call USCIS and explain your case for any suggestions.

School ID is not government issue ID.    Do you have any degree certificate with photo? or any examination you have given which issue ID with your name printed on it?- They are not government ID either.  

It seems that your passport is the only document you have which has not expired, but IO took photocopy.  I will send it again, but wait for your infopass appointment and also comments from other people.

Also, post your filing date, NOA, service center and EAC18047XXX, that is first 5 number.  Any 12 months and 18 months extension letter.

Hi,

My appointment is upcoming. Is March 5th. I'm like 2 hours from Albany. I will try to call USCIS but I believe it's better to talk in person with an officer. I have my Associate degree with my name on it, also my income tax. 

Well I hope the officer will listen to me and I hope for the good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.