Jump to content
Maria Yanez

What comes after the visa is approved in foreign country ?

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


im confused on how the process works . I’m married to a US citizen I know that after the i-1)130/I-130a

2) pay NVC fees

3) File I-601a waiver wait for it to get approved

4) schedule/ get interview 

5) go to foreign country (Juárez)

6) visa is approved 

7) here’s where I’m confused what happens next do we have to file I-485 too  ?? 


Any clarification on this thanks 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Once your i130 is approved they will transfer your case to the NVC, since your process is through the Consulate in Juarez.  Then you will need to pay fees with NVC, file and get i-601a approved.  Once you have that approved then you can continue filling out the NVC forms DS-260 and the AOS/i864, and send all the required paperwork for the NVC to schedule your appt. Through the consular process you don't fill out a i485

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...