Necrotica

E-mail to the Montréal Consulate...

82 posts in this topic

Hey, everyone.

I'm trying to compose another e-mail to the Montréal Consulate. The last one I sent out was over a month ago. Whenever I e-mailed them, I usually only said, "Hello, my name is Pamela P*****, and I am the petitioner for my fiancé, Réjean B******. I would like to know if he has been placed on a waiting list for an interview and if you happen to know when he could expect one." This time, I'm thinking about adding to that, but I don't really know how to word it.

I'm sure Montréal has heard multiple sob stories. I'm sure they've heard people getting really irate. My concern, though, is me saying something that will p!ss them off and make them delay my fiancé's case even more. That might just be my paranoia speaking, I don't know.

I'm rambling, sorry...

My question is... does anyone anticipate there being any sort of adverse action taken against this case or even more delays imposed if I point out that since they got my fiancé's file in November and that he actually had to go pick up Packet 3 from the Consulate that he is due his interview?

I don't know if it would help to add into that e-mail that I have health issues that are being exacerbated by the stress of the delays caused by this process. I don't like having to use that as leverage, but it's true, and I'm desperate at this point. This process is literally making me very sick.

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

08/31/07 - Réjean makes the big move to the USA

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

10/09/07 - Réjean gets his SSN

Adjustment of status:

10/26/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/07 - Biometrics appointment

12/14/07 - I-485 transferred to the California Service Center

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

02/08/08 - GREEN CARD APPROVED!!!!!!

02/16/08 - Green card received!

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

02/25/09 - Biometrics appointment

05/01/09 - Replacement green card received

Removal of conditions:

01/07/10: Mailed I-751 packet by overnight mail to the CSC

01/11/10: I-751 packet delivered and signed for

01/19/10: Received NOA1

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/03/10: APPROVED!!!

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

02/11/10: Green card received

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I say throw in whatever sob story you have and hope for the best. I do not think that they will purposely delay the case any further since from what I read the interviews are computer generated and not hand assigned by a person. I may be wrong however or read incorrectly.

You never know until you try. :) I sure did but I got nothing back from them. lol.

Hey, everyone.

I'm trying to compose another e-mail to the Montréal Consulate. The last one I sent out was over a month ago. Whenever I e-mailed them, I usually only said, "Hello, my name is Pamela P*****, and I am the petitioner for my fiancé, Réjean B******. I would like to know if he has been placed on a waiting list for an interview and if you happen to know when he could expect one." This time, I'm thinking about adding to that, but I don't really know how to word it.

I'm sure Montréal has heard multiple sob stories. I'm sure they've heard people getting really irate. My concern, though, is me saying something that will p!ss them off and make them delay my fiancé's case even more. That might just be my paranoia speaking, I don't know.

I'm rambling, sorry...

My question is... does anyone anticipate there being any sort of adverse action taken against this case or even more delays imposed if I point out that since they got my fiancé's file in November and that he actually had to go pick up Packet 3 from the Consulate that he is due his interview?

I don't know if it would help to add into that e-mail that I have health issues that are being exacerbated by the stress of the delays caused by this process. I don't like having to use that as leverage, but it's true, and I'm desperate at this point. This process is literally making me very sick.

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

My advice is to tell them the truth, and request for faster action due to your current medical situation. I would like to believe you wouldn't get any form of reprisal for this from the consulate - the worst they could do is say no. At best, you can hope that a kind-hearted person at the consulate will read your email and do what he can to expedite your interview.

Good luck!

Nini - Vancouver BC, Canada (she's the one who does the forum thing)

Bee - Devon PA, USA (he's the one who gave her the shiny ring)

Getting our sanity tested by bureaucracy since 2007.

Here we go again...

Removal of conditions @ VSC

9/4/2010 - sent!

9/14/2010 - NOA

How does this sound?

"Hello, my name is Pamela P*****, and I am the petitioner for my fiancé, Réjean B******. I would like to know if there has been an interview scheduled yet for him for a K1 visa. If there's not an interview scheduled for him yet, is there any way possible that he could take a cancellation appointment? He lives in downtown Montréal, only a few blocks away and is available for an interview in as little as 2 days notice. I really appreciate your help with this; it has been almost 6 months since his approved petition was sent there.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Pamela P*****"

08/25/06 - 08/08/07 - K1 timeframe from mailing the petition to the NSC to K1 approval at the Montréal Consulate

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

Adjustment of status:

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

*headdesk*:

01/02/09 - Réjean loses his wallet containing his drivers license, Social Security card, and green card

02/04/09 - Our best friends bail us out by giving us the money to file for the replacement green card!

02/12/09 - E-filed I-90 for the replacement green card along with the $370 filing fee (including biometrics)

02/19/09 - NOA1

Removal of conditions:

01/28/10: Biometrics (did walk-in due to Réjean being out on the road on original date of 02/10/10)

02/05/10: Received e-mail from USCIS saying the card production has been ordered

02/06/10: Received letter typed on plain paper from USCIS congratulating Réjean on his removal of conditions approval

Looks good, but don't forget your case number in the subject line/in the email. BTW, multiple emails/calls don't get you black listed, but I can't say the same for a rant against them. ;)

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

I say throw in whatever sob story you have and hope for the best. I do not think that they will purposely delay the case any further since from what I read the interviews are computer generated and not hand assigned by a person. I may be wrong however or read incorrectly.

You never know until you try. :) I sure did but I got nothing back from them. lol.

I would think, though, that there is some way to manually assign an interview. I can't see how they would leave absolutely everything to a computer without having any control whatsoever. :\

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

Adjustment of status:

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

*headdesk*:

02/19/09 - NOA1

Removal of conditions:

My advice is to tell them the truth, and request for faster action due to your current medical situation. I would like to believe you wouldn't get any form of reprisal for this from the consulate - the worst they could do is say no. At best, you can hope that a kind-hearted person at the consulate will read your email and do what he can to expedite your interview.

Good luck!

Thank you so much. I decided to leave out the medical part for now. And the part where Réjean actually had to pick up Packet 3 at the Consulate. I have a feeling that their reply will be something like "Well he didn't turn in the packet until late February" deal, so if so, I'll remind them of that fact at that point in time.

09/22/07 - MARRIED!

Adjustment of status:

12/28/07 - EAD approved!

01/07/08 - EAD received

*headdesk*:

02/19/09 - NOA1

Removal of conditions:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah your letter sounds good. But my worry (just like yours) is that they base the interview when they received the checklist, not the forms. I sent my packet back today, and if I didn't send the checklist with it, I'm sure I wouldn't be on the waitlist either. It looks like you should be good to go for an interview in July/August, though, which is coming up quick. Probably, by the time they will get to address this issue, or give a cancelation appt to you, it might be july already. I think your best bet is to let them know of your medical situation and see what happens. Other than that, your wait is pretty much the same as anyone elses (minus the packet being lost thing). I don't know if they make exceptions for that... It will go a lot faster than you think. I know its frustrating that the checklist accidentally got held up, but a july/august interview would be nice!

K1 Visa Journey

Met through an MMORPG: April 2005

Met in person: 9/23/2005

He proposed in front of Buckingham fountain: 8/20/2006

Sent I-129: 12/21/06

NOA1: 12/29/06

Touched: 3/27/06 (Happy belated bday to meee :P)

Received Email that they sent NOA2 yesterday!: 3/28/07

NOA2 in ze mail: 4/2/07

Called NVC to see if they have received the case and they haven't :( 4/13/07 and 4/19/07

NVC sent packet to MTL today! 4/24/07 (took 4 weeks from notice date)

MTL sent packet to my lawyer 5/2/07

Lawyer received Packet 3 finally! 5/17/07

Sent Packet 3 5/22/07

Now on the waiting list for an interview! 5/29/2007

Fiance gets his medical done: 7/16/07

Scheduled for Interview!: 10/24/07

Visa arrives!: 10/26/07

Fiance will be entering US: 1/18/08

Married: 2/4/08

Religious Ceremony: 4/5/08

AOS/EAD

Filling Date for AOS/EAD: 4/19/08

NOA: 5/01/08

Biometrics: 5/21/08

CSC Transfer Date 5/29/08

EAD Approved/Card Ordered 6/30/2008

EAD Card Arrived 7/11/2008

Green Card Production 7/23/2008

Removal of Conditions

Filing Date for RoC: 7/13/2010

Check Cashed: 7/15/2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

One could always contact ur congress person!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Why isn't your fiance writing this letter? I hope I'm not offending you, but maybe he could walk down to the Consulate and in person ask someone what's going on? Or why isn't he writing the email? I always thought it was YOU that was the Canadian! And heck, two days notice? I'd say in the email he's available at a moment's notice....can he not just run down to the Consulate if they gave him a call that morning?

Best of luck anyway you do it!

Carla (F)

carlahmsb4.gif

I completely agree that you should get your congress person involved. My wife and I got snagged in the process twice, and I'm absolutely sure that having my senator's office call helped speed it up. When we were waiting over a month after our "interview" due to a misinformed denial, the Consulate actually called my attorney on the exact day that my senator asked for a time table.

We were told when we were calling the Consulate too much that the woman was getting aggitated that we kept checking, so I wouldn't recommend calling or emailing too many times, but definitely get your congress person involved. Good luck!

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah your letter sounds good. But my worry (just like yours) is that they base the interview when they received the checklist, not the forms. I sent my packet back today, and if I didn't send the checklist with it, I'm sure I wouldn't be on the waitlist either. It looks like you should be good to go for an interview in July/August, though, which is coming up quick. Probably, by the time they will get to address this issue, or give a cancelation appt to you, it might be july already. I think your best bet is to let them know of your medical situation and see what happens. Other than that, your wait is pretty much the same as anyone elses (minus the packet being lost thing). I don't know if they make exceptions for that... It will go a lot faster than you think. I know its frustrating that the checklist accidentally got held up, but a july/august interview would be nice!

I was always under the assumption that one doesn't enter the queue for an interview date until both the checklist and forms are received, based on a statement on the checklist sheet itself.

"Once we have received and processed the completed forms DS-230 Part 1 and the document checklist, we will send you an appointment letter."

Mind you, this is from about 3 years ago, so it may have changed.

To the the OP: the email sounds good. I personally advocate the minimalist approach when contacting the consulate by phone or email. We've seen that the consulate officers get agitated when contacted multiple times in short time frames. Seeing as you haven't contacted them in a while ( a month, right?), I can't see how this email would negatively impact your case.

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Why isn't your fiance writing this letter? I hope I'm not offending you, but maybe he could walk down to the Consulate and in person ask someone what's going on? Or why isn't he writing the email? I always thought it was YOU that was the Canadian! And heck, two days notice? I'd say in the email he's available at a moment's notice....can he not just run down to the Consulate if they gave him a call that morning?

Best of luck anyway you do it!

Carla (F)

The security staff won't let you through the front door without an appointment letter or some other official reason to be there, you can't just "show up". :(

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe it is when they get the packet3 back I called one time inquiring on an interview date and was told They received my packet 3 on Jan 22 and I entered thier processing system on that date and it would now be a time frame from 2 to 4 months from that date

Your letter sounds good. Definately put in he is available for an interview on short notice. I'm sure that they must get a few short notice cancellations. Can you include a fax number that an interiview letter could be faxed too on short notice? It's worth a shot. I personally wouldn't include too much of a "sob" story. I'm sure they have heard every story there from people to get their case through faster. I think your best bet is if he can get on a standby list for cancellation.

In the meanwhile I agree with bowflex and flames, get your congressman involved. I think your 6 month wait is quite justified in having the congressmans office make an inquiry to what's taking so long. We got our congressman involved and it was just a few weeks before we heard back from the senators office with confirmation that an interview had been booked for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.