Reynizzle

Embassy misplaced passport.

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

I filed petition for my father, IR5. I started it since 2017.  Medical took a bit longer, had to wait 2 months.  He was able to do his interview April 2018.  Interview went well.  They took his passport.  Days went by and there was no changes on his status.  Apparently, he got put on AP,  on which we never found out until a million emails sent out to them. He was never given any paper for 221g.  They asked for DNA which we complied.  DNA result was submitted and they got the result and by this time, medical has expired (medical is only good for 3 months, he went through cultural test). So we were asked to get another medical done, which he did again, and again had to go under cultural test (2 months long).  When that was done, it was submitted to the embassy.  We never heard anything from them again for a month (I kind of got used to not hearing anything from them that's why I always send them emails, asking for status and such).  A month later passed, and they replied to me saying they sent a notification to my email (which I never got), I asked for the notification and they sent it to me, which they are asking for my past 3 years tax return and an updated 1-864.  I sent those out right away (had to shipped it from US to Philippines because of the signature).  They received it 2 Dec 2018.  They called the next day, 3 December, asking for my father's passport.  They kept saying that they sent out my father's passport back to him, and they need it back.  They even said that that's the only thing missing and everything is set. BUT WE DO NOT HAVE THE PASSPORT.  We told them that we don't have it.  They called the next day, 4 Dec asking for the passport again.  We asked them to give us the tracking number so we can go to 2go delivery and have it track.  We have never heard anything from them ever since.  I sent emails, but I only get automated replies.  Even phone calls are no help as they just keep saying only thing they can do is to escalate the issues to their higher up.  The 2nd medical has now been expired again (4 Jan) and WE STILL HAVEN'T HEARD NOTHING FROM THE EMBASSY. 

Counting from 3 Dec 2018, it is now way over 2 months for Administrative Processing.  I am out of ideas on how to contact them.  Anyone new how we should proceed?

I am also an Active Duty Military and currently deployed.  Anyone know of there's a way I can get them expedite the situation? Who do I contact? Emails?  Please help!

Thank you!

Edited by Reynizzle

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning both of my parents from Philippines)

1/14/2017 - Mailed Petition to Chicago Lockbox 

1/18/2017 - Petition Received

1/25/2017 - Received text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

1/27/2017 - Check cashed and received NOA1 in the mail

bad experience .. can he simply go to the passport office for a replacement passport? 1200 pesos counting the expedite might be worth it even if not your fault

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

bad experience .. can he simply go to the passport office for a replacement passport? 1200 pesos counting the expedite might be worth it even if not your fault

If it was to me, I would have done it already.  But in order to get a replacement passport, we needed to have a police report.  And we don't even know if they really have the passport or not. 

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning both of my parents from Philippines)

1/14/2017 - Mailed Petition to Chicago Lockbox 

1/18/2017 - Petition Received

1/25/2017 - Received text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

1/27/2017 - Check cashed and received NOA1 in the mail

8 hours ago, Reynizzle said:

If it was to me, I would have done it already.  But in order to get a replacement passport, we needed to have a police report.  And we don't even know if they really have the passport or not.

Sad to hear, I hope you get a reasonable resolution

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.