Jump to content

C9 EAD AND F1 Status

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello friends

i married to US citizen.

i had applied for adjustment of status in august 2018 and i am under F-1 student status. 

i received my (C9)EAD card under adjustment of pending. 

my question is since i have got my work permit am i still under F1 status or my F1 status has been dropped ? do still have to maintain my F1 status or i can drop school and start working?     

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

this question has been asked so many times before. You are still f-1 until you use one of the benefits of pending AOS. For example if you work off campus using your EAD then at that point you lose f-1 status. If you drop out of school or take less than 12 credits then you are no longer in f-1 status.


You can drop out of school if you so choose but if your AOS is denied for any reason then you will be out of status and deport-able.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.