Jump to content

5 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello, 

I have a question about the I-864 form. 

I've been living and working in Brazil for the last 6 years. Before leaving for Brazil I spent more than a year unemployed in the US.

Will this affect my chances of my spouse's application getting approved? 

Will I, perhaps, need someone to sponsor her? 

 

I await your responses. 

 

Carl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Carl Math said:

Hello, 

I have a question about the I-864 form. 

I've been living and working in Brazil for the last 6 years. Before leaving for Brazil I spent more than a year unemployed in the US.

Will this affect my chances of my spouse's application getting approved? 

Will I, perhaps, need someone to sponsor her? 

 

I await your responses. 

 

Carl

'

If you don't meet the minimum requirements for the I-864 financially, yes they will deny it. You will need a co-sponsor. You still will be the and always will be the primary sponsor, but you will have to have a co-sponsor who can fulfill the requirements.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

03/06/2017 - NOA1's received via text

03/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gifvd9wauve2wlsd9fuctxk.gifgiphy.gif     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

'

If you don't meet the minimum requirements for the I-864 financially, yes they will deny it. You will need a co-sponsor. You still will be the and always will be the primary sponsor, but you will have to have a co-sponsor who can fulfill the requirements.

Thank you for the information. 

 

And in the case I have trouble finding a co-sponsor,  what are my other options? 

 

Carl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Carl Math said:

Thank you for the information. 

 

And in the case I have trouble finding a co-sponsor,  what are my other options? 

 

Carl

 

Income requirements can be offset by using assets, but it has to be 3-5 times the 125% poverty guideline. I say 3-5 times because not sure if it is 3 or 5 honestly. 

Easiest is get a co-sponsor. Any of your family can be as long as they meet the requirements. Can be any USC honestly.


08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

07/08/2016 : NOA 1 Received

08/25/2016 : NOA 2 Received (48 days)

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/18/2016 : Visa in hand

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

 

02/03/2017 - Married 

 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

03/06/2017 - NOA1's received via text

03/31/2017 - Biometrics appointment Completed

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

 

 

giphy.gifvd9wauve2wlsd9fuctxk.gifgiphy.gif     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ben&Zian said:

 

 

Easiest is get a co-sponsor. Any of your family can be as long as they meet the requirements. Can be any USC honestly.

That's a big relief. Just one more question - when I put on the form my future US address will I have to use the same address as the co-sponsor or it doesn't really matter?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×