Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have some documents that need to be translated, but do I type out a translation and attach it to the document? Do we need to get a professional translator to do this (even though we dont need one as we are fluent in both of the languages). I just need to translate bus tickets and things of that nature

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! Not sure which embassy you're going through, so it might not be the same for all, also not sure where in the process you are (about to send in your I-129f, going for the interview). However, my limited understanding is that if you are the beneficiary and are going to the interview with documents such as "bus tickets and things of that nature" then those documents don't need to be translated. For example, my fiancé lives in Israel, so when he goes for his interview he can take any document in English, Hebrew, or Arabic, no transition needed. Since he is from Latin America he will have to have his birth certificate, and other official documents from his country translated from Spanish to English. 


I hope that's helpful. 


By the way, if you fill out your profile, and time line it really helps people give you more accurate information. Those on this forum, I'm really new so I wouldn't include my self in this statement, are very knowledgeable and are always looking to help others and the more info you provide the more accurate the advice and information. 


Good luck! 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much! We are sending in the information to US immigration (to the california center), and we are using the bus tickets as well as other items during our travels to use for our proof of meeting. The documents are in Hebrew and Arabic as they are mainly exit and entry cards into and out of Palestine, etc. so I was just wondering if I should just write a general note of what the item is or if I have to translate everything word for word. It seems like a weird question but I want to be absolutely sure we have everything right

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.