GazLisa

I693 not asked for at interview

18 posts in this topic

On 2/1/2019 at 1:45 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

There are two types of AOS filers: K1s and everybody else.

K1s complete their medical and vaccinations overseas. Their medical packet is collected at POE and transferred to their A-file for safe keeping until their AOS interview. K1s then apply for AOS within one year of their medical date and submit a copy of their DS3025 Vaccination Record too. If they do all of that they have completed the medical requirements.

Everybody else has to comply with the medical requirement once they are in the US. They can complete an exam and submit the sealed I693 they receive from a US CS with their AOS application and hope to h_ll that they get interviewed within 2 years (used to be one prior to Nov 1st) 

OR

They can wait until they receive an interview, complete an exam then and submit the sealed I693 at their interview therefore there is no chance it is expired. 

The lines between the procedure for K1s and everybody else DO NOT CROSS provided the K1 completed the procedure I have mentioned above throughout my comments. 

Understand that as you read about others as you are including yourself in a group of filers that K1s are not included in.

I think my questions are answered in this thread: 

If all immunizations and the DS-3025 has been filed out and approved, including having all immunizations on the thread checked off, then we should be good to go to the interview without having to see a civil surgeon.  If one or more immunizations are missing, we'd have to get all the required immunizations, and then have a civil surgeon approve of them with the i693 filled out and sealed by the civil surgeon.  Is this correct?  Sorry for the thousands of questions!!

2 hours ago, t1m1t said:

Ah sorry, I think I got mixed up with what I heard and what I experienced.  So then after turning in her medical packet on her POE, another medical check or an i693 is not required? 

That's correct. IF YOU FULLFULLED EVERTHING I SAID ABOVE, a redo is not necessary.

We turned in my wife's medical packet that was completed by a physician in Taiwan around 10/2017.  The interview confirmation letter states "A completed medical examination (form i693) and vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted)."  If the i693 is not required since she came to the US with a k1, will an updated vaccination report be needed in a sealed envelope? Why would you need to update anything? The medical that was valid then is valid now.

If aliens came to earth tomorrow and everyone needed a vaccine, USCIS still could not force your wife to get that vaccine to complete her medical because that vaccine was not required on the day of her medical exam therefore her medical is complete. The medical and vaccine validity is based on it being complete and valid ON THE DAY OF THE EXAM. It does not matter if it is not complete NOW OR at any time after that day of the exam.

I am sorry but I cant explain it any better but I know it's a hard concept to grasp. Please think about what I'm saying.

Thank you again for the updates and the much needed information!!

1 hour ago, t1m1t said:

I think my questions are answered in this thread: 

If all immunizations and the DS-3025 has been filed out and approved, including having all immunizations on the thread checked off, then we should be good to go to the interview without having to see a civil surgeon.  If one or more immunizations are missing, we'd have to get all the required immunizations, and then have a civil surgeon approve of them with the i693 filled out and sealed by the civil surgeon.  Is this correct?  Sorry for the thousands of questions!!

No!

If the box on her DS3025 was marked as "complete" then it's complete. That in combination with the fact that all of the boxes in the right column have a letter marked in them (it doesn't matter which letter) then your DS3025 is complete. If either of those things are lacking on your DS3025 then your PP didnt do his job and you will have to pay for a new medical. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.