sssr1011

Frustrated at NVC. Please suggest what I should do!

3 posts in this topic

Hi, 

Below is an excerpt from my recent email to NVC which sums up my issue (with some identifying information removed). In response to this email, NVC simply replied that they are still reviewing the case and will inform me of any action they take. That's it! Any insight is helpful. Thanks in advance.

Hello, The above mentioned case for my wife first arrived at NVC on 08/23/2018. NVC sent it back to USCIS on 10/27/2018 for not having an "approved" stamp. NVC received this case back from USCIS on 11/28/2018. The case has since been sitting at NVC without any movement. In a more frustrating note, every time I call for an update, I am told that the case is still at USCIS. Upon insisting, the telephone representative eventually finds out that the case was indeed was received back on 11/28/2018. And I am told that I must wait another 8 weeks before anything can be done! I sent an email to NVC about a status update hoping that I will be able to reach someone at the supervisory level to get a little more information. However, the reply to the email was the same frustrating statement that the case is still with USCIS. This delay is causing unimaginable suffering to my family that includes two minor children. We have been suspended in this limbo for almost five months now without any clear indication of where things are going. I'm holding up the two related petitions for my step-daughters  at the advice of NVC since I don't want them to be scheduled for interview without their mother. I spoke to a knowledgeable NVC staff this afternoon who has advised me to send a detailed email and she will route the case to a supervisor on her end. I really hope and pray that someone reviews this case at the earliest possible and issues a case number so that I can move ahead with the AOS and filing the visa application

Edited by sssr1011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You need to speak to a supervisor on the phone and then you need to request an expedite on the basis that USCIS and NVC are at fault for lengthy delays and errors. With complicated issue talking on the phone with the supervisor is a better first route than an email. Also you can contact your local representative. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

I had similar situation. NVC lost my files. USCIS resent them after 7 months of delays. I kept calling and requesting expedite, but NVC will not do anything until at least the case number is issued. It took exactly 8 weeks for them to issue me a case number. It is an automated process, so to be honest, there is nothing you can do until the 8 weeks have passed. You should get the case number soon though. After that, you can request the case to be expedited, but again, it won't happen. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.