gemala

Public Health Nurse Called Me..

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I came here with K1 Visa and in the process of AOS.

Today I just got a call from Public Health Nurse (County of Los Angeles) that I need to do the re-check for My TB test here in US as they said that the x-ray result when they checked in my country said it was suspicious that i had TB even though the result was negative when i did in my country (Sputum 1, Sputum 2, Sputum 2). They gave me lot of questions by phone and I answered her that i do not have any symptoms as they asked. However they will still make appointment for me to do the test and the result will be in the same day after 3 sputums.

I already in the process of AOS and already submitted it and still waiting the response.

I just worry now. If they found out after this 2nd test (which I will do next week) my test was positive, does it mean i will need to leave US? I already got married and in the process of sending invitation for the reception next 3 weeks. Can't imagine how i feel  if this happened, how to explain to my family friends? any of you ever have this case before?

Please advise me. thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
17 minutes ago, gemala said:

Hi All,

I came here with K1 Visa and in the process of AOS.

Today I just got a call from Public Health Nurse (County of Los Angeles) that I need to do the re-check for My TB test here in US as they said that the x-ray result when they checked in my country said it was suspicious that i had TB even though the result was negative when i did in my country (Sputum 1, Sputum 2, Sputum 2). They gave me lot of questions by phone and I answered her that i do not have any symptoms as they asked. However they will still make appointment for me to do the test and the result will be in the same day after 3 sputums.

I already in the process of AOS and already submitted it and still waiting the response.

I just worry now. If they found out after this 2nd test (which I will do next week) my test was positive, does it mean i will need to leave US? I already got married and in the process of sending invitation for the reception next 3 weeks. Can't imagine how i feel  if this happened, how to explain to my family friends? any of you ever have this case before?

Please advise me. thanks.

If needed you will be given treatment for the condition. This is part of the Health safeguards .. the rechecking of xrays from high risk Tb countries is important because latent Tb is not uncommon.., so no other impact except for receiving treatment if needed 

21 hours ago, Lil bear said:

If needed you will be given treatment for the condition. This is part of the Health safeguards .. the rechecking of xrays from high risk Tb countries is important because latent Tb is not uncommon.., so no other impact except for receiving treatment if needed 

So I still can stay here right? What about my AOS, EAD, and AP that I already submitted? (I submitted a day before I got a call from this nurse) Will they still process it or will wait my tb result? My first appointment with  the public health doctor will be next week.. Hopefully they found nothing as it is a bit made me down now... 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
10 minutes ago, gemala said:

So I still can stay here right? What about my AOS, EAD, and AP that I already submitted? (I submitted a day before I got a call from this nurse) Will they still process it or will wait my tb result? My first appointment with  the public health doctor will be next week.. Hopefully they found nothing as it is a bit made me down now... 

I do not think the further testing or any needed  treatment would delay your processing for AOS ,  EAD and AP 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.