Emeryx

Upcoming Green card interview.

5 posts in this topic

So... somehow I've misplaced my Birth Certificate and my Police record!!! I don't know how and i'm so stupid! Since being pregnant i've got such bad baby brain and i'm terrible. My main question is, how important is it to take them to your interview? I know they have copies already of majority of the things they ask you to take with you to the interview....but i'm freaking out and i'm not sure what to do! My error and i'm about to pay for it i guess at this interview.

Any help on this would be appreciated! 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

01/24/18 - NVC Received I-129F 
02/02/18 - Case Number Received 'In transit to Embassy'

02/08/18 - Embassy Received. Case status set as Ready
03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

04/15/18 - MARRIED!!! :wub:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
6 hours ago, Emeryx said:

So... somehow I've misplaced my Birth Certificate and my Police record!!! I don't know how and i'm so stupid! Since being pregnant i've got such bad baby brain and i'm terrible. My main question is, how important is it to take them to your interview? I know they have copies already of majority of the things they ask you to take with you to the interview....but i'm freaking out and i'm not sure what to do! My error and i'm about to pay for it i guess at this interview.

Any help on this would be appreciated! 

Based on your timeline you already applied for AOS so you already sent in your birth certificate right? (I assume you're the beneficiary)If so, you should be good for AOS. If not, you'll get an RFE and you have to obtain one from your homecountry. If it makes you less stressed, you could prob obtain one just to be sure, since your AOS interview prob won't come up anytime soon. Police record is not needed for AOS, unless you actually have a record.

If I were you I would look into further processes (I-751, N400) to see if you'd need your birth certificate for that. If so, I would def advise you to obtain a new one from your country.

Edited by C90

12 hours ago, C90 said:

Based on your timeline you already applied for AOS so you already sent in your birth certificate right? (I assume you're the beneficiary)If so, you should be good for AOS. If not, you'll get an RFE and you have to obtain one from your homecountry. If it makes you less stressed, you could prob obtain one just to be sure, since your AOS interview prob won't come up anytime soon. Police record is not needed for AOS, unless you actually have a record.

If I were you I would look into further processes (I-751, N400) to see if you'd need your birth certificate for that. If so, I would def advise you to obtain a new one from your country.

Yeah i've already sent them my birth certificate previously. I think my husband may of sent the original one in to them by mistake! I know it's really bad of me to lose it when its so important. My interview is tomorrow morning so i'm just going to have to wing it and see how it goes, fingers crossed they are understanding and they're not too harsh on me. I'm going to have to get a new one. 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
56 minutes ago, Emeryx said:

Yeah i've already sent them my birth certificate previously. I think my husband may of sent the original one in to them by mistake! I know it's really bad of me to lose it when its so important. My interview is tomorrow morning so i'm just going to have to wing it and see how it goes, fingers crossed they are understanding and they're not too harsh on me. I'm going to have to get a new one. 

I'm sure if they already have it they're not going to give you a hard time cause you don't have an extra copy, but I understand your nerves! If they have the original, maybe you can explain the mistake and ask if they can make a copy and give you back the original? 
Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted on how it goes!

23 hours ago, C90 said:

I'm sure if they already have it they're not going to give you a hard time cause you don't have an extra copy, but I understand your nerves! If they have the original, maybe you can explain the mistake and ask if they can make a copy and give you back the original? 
Good luck tomorrow and keep us posted on how it goes!

All went perfect, i got approved!! The interviewer was so chill and he didn't even ask to see any of my papers really, wasn't even concerned about the birth certificate. All stress and worry for no reason. Thank you again for your replies. 

K-1 Visa

06/21/17 - NOA1
12/22/17 - NOA2 Approved

03/02/18 - Medical 

03/09/18 - Interview 
03/15/18- Visa Issued
03/20/18 - Visa in Hand
03/24/18 - MI Bound

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.