Jump to content

Outstanding loans

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I am the beneficiary in the K1 process. I have two outstanding loans here in Ireland that are paid off from my bank account on a weekly and monthly basis. They both have another couple of years on them. 


What do other people do in this situation when moving? Of course, my Irish account will no longer have money going into it to pay these loans. At least not for awhile. 

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You will need to transfer money from the US to your Irish bank account or pay them off in a lump sum before you leave. 


I use Transferwise to transfer money overseas. It’s very fast and the fees are very low. 


The K-1 might not have been the best choice for you with outstanding financial commitments as you will not be able to work for many months. 




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...