Jsco

CR1 spousal visa interview - How long does it take for an interview to be scheduled

5 posts in this topic

Hello,

It has been two months since our case was approved by the NVC ("documentarily qualified"), which was on November 15th, and we are still waiting for my wife's interview to be scheduled. My question is simply, how long does it normally take to get an interview scheduled after all required documents have been received and approved by the NVC? Do we need to call the NVC or the American embassy where the interview is suppose to take place? My wife is Nicaraguan, therefore the interview will take place at the embassy in Managua and we are growing concerned because, for those who are unaware, the situation in Nicaragua is rather tumultuous and it can devolve into extreme chaos at any moment. That said, how much longer should we expect to wait before the interview is scheduled? If it helps, our priority date is January 22, 2018.

Thank you

51 minutes ago, Jsco said:

Hello,

It has been two months since our case was approved by the NVC ("documentarily qualified"), which was on November 15th, and we are still waiting for my wife's interview to be scheduled. My question is simply, how long does it normally take to get an interview scheduled after all required documents have been received and approved by the NVC? Do we need to call the NVC or the American embassy where the interview is suppose to take place? My wife is Nicaraguan, therefore the interview will take place at the embassy in Managua and we are growing concerned because, for those who are unaware, the situation in Nicaragua is rather tumultuous and it can devolve into extr)eme chaos at any moment. That said, how much longer should we expect to wait before the interview is scheduled? If it helps, our priority date is January 22, 2018.

Thank you

It took us about 2 months after CC at NVC to interview. Each case is different and it might depend on the country and other factors. I would recommend looking at timelines of others from Nicaragua, that might help you get a general picture.  Bestof luck!

Edited by C&AH

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Every embassy is different it it taking Ghana 3 to 4 months after case complete so you need to look at timelines from your country and ask people who have had interviews from that embassy.

3 minutes ago, C&AH said:

It took us about 2 months after CC at NVC to interview. Each case is different and it might depend on the country and other factors. I would recommend looking at timelines of others from Nicaragua, that might help you get a general picture.  Best of luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.