Jump to content

Is it just a visit or a Physical Address?

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

When we file the I-130/CR1 I'll have been staying with my recently married wife here in Russia for around 6 months (private visa). I lived and worked in the US before coming here and plan to go back to the US a month or two after mailing the I-130 to find a new job and be ready for the I-864.   


Question is: Do I list her Russian address (where I am now) as my current Physical Address?  If so, will this cause any issues with "US domicile" requirements?


Follow up question: If where I'm staying isn't considered a Physical Address since I'm just visiting, but I list the address where we physically live together (59.a.), will this be an inconsistency?  Also, would other places I stayed abroad at within the last 5 years while traveling be considered a Physical Address? I stayed at some as long as 6 months (I did some long travels!)


Thanks in advance.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.