c_mat

Proposed Restrictions on Parents/Family Members

63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Many Mexicans would prefer to live in their home states and work seasonally in the US but we don't have an easy mechanism to make this happen. These Mexicans tend to come from a cluster of states some way from the border on the eastern side of MX, and they're people who have traditionally been migrant workers. Not all illegal immigrants are Mexicans and not all Mexicans are illegal immigrants. Mexicans are a special case because, like Canadians, they're neighbors, so there's a need for some kind of expedited border crossing permit. Many Mexicans would be happy to flow back and cross the border working seasonally and then returning home with a little jingle in their pockets, and any immigration policies should reflect that reality.

Any thoughts of busing or flying illegals back to wherever they came from is logistically ludicrous - assuming 12,000,000 illegals, and buses capable of holding 60 people, it would take 200,000 bus loads to get them to the Mexican border and then to El Salvador, Guatemala, etc. - assuming Mexico would allow them to cross its territory legally (illegally, heading north, is OK from the Mexican standpoint, but south, legally, is a different matter!!). Assuming you could even locate the illegals, and had enough law enforcement officers to actuall put them all on the buses.

And why would any USA citizen want to change our lack of immigration, when he or she has a part-time gardener and maid he or she could never afford if they were legal. It seems to me that the country is (almost) hopelessly messed up. Considering what kind of people we have had running the government, that shouldn't be surprising. It isn't likely to change soon. The United States will continue to be a pain to itself and a plague on the rest of the world until we see the next American president. I have spoken.

I know that I still don't know everything (but I try)

Born in France from a mother from French Guyana and a father from Roumania. Raised in French Guyana, Venuezuela, Martinique, Guadeloupe, France. Imported from all these countries to the USA

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. It is not about immigrant's family's needs. My family and country is under no obligation whatsoever financially, emotionally, or otherwise to worry about extended family members of a person who has been allowed to immigrate here. How much do you expect?!

It is not just about what immigrants can give US. It is about immigrants' family needs too.
But how could they compete if they are 60 or 70 years old and know minimal English? There's many such applicants who have parents in the above category.

That's the kind of immigrant the USA is probably wanting to keep out....Harsh as it sounds, what do thet have to offer the USA?

I think a cap would be unfair to parents who are old, widowed and ill and canot live alone in home country.

And why exactly should the USA worry about that???

Sheila and John

Old, widowed, and ill often have to be taken care of by the government. My grandmother is old widowed and ill and my grandfather and family have payed into the system for years to ensure that she would be taken care of. She has cancer and cannot even afford the health care she needs because too many people are taking out of it. One person can't put in and have 10 people take out. That's not right but still it happens.

Sheila and John

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.