jefraylee

Ghanaian booking an appointment online

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

How long does one has to wait before getting an appointment. My case is a Direct Consular Filing and after approval, i was given the interview package but instructing me to book an appointment online because they no longer schedulese appointment for applicants. I understand most of the applicantions are not filed directly as mine, I want to know how long one has to wait before getting an appointment.  

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Moses Bee said:

Keep checking everyday twice a while , you will definitely come across one .

I bet you had experienced the system before, how long did it take you to get an appointment since embassy contacted you with appointment package?

Timeline
1 minute ago, jefraylee said:

I bet you had experienced the system before, how long did it take you to get an appointment since embassy contacted you with appointment package?

Just a while because I keep checking three to four times a day , and I was able to scheduled three appointment but two was cancelled at the beginning before I got the last one .

So pls don't give up keep checking three to four times in a day , you will surely get one.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Moses Bee said:

Just a while because I keep checking three to four times a day , and I was able to scheduled three appointment but two was cancelled at the beginning before I got the last one .

So pls don't give up keep checking three to four times in a day , you will surely get one.

If you don't mind share with me your time table? When did you get your instruction package from the embassy? How long did you wait to get an appointment? and was the appointment date closer or 2-3 months ahead? 

Am asking because my wife has planned for us to travel at the end of March...

Timeline
1 minute ago, jefraylee said:

If you don't mind share with me your time table? When did you get your instruction package from the embassy? How long did you wait to get an appointment? and was the appointment date closer or 2-3 months ahead? 

Am asking because my wife has planned for us to travel at the end of March...

My case was reaffirmed case filled in the States not directly in the Embassy.

But all the same , I scheduled my first date on October but was cancelled when I went for my interview with my wife , reason was all reaffirmed cases are not suppose to schedule an appointment on Friday . I  rescheduled again and it was cancelled again, but as for the second cancellation of this appointment I don't really know the reason why they cancelled it , so my wife addressed the issue to her congresswoman to intervene and she did. I was given a mandate to schedule a new appointment by the Embassy . I waited searching for a new appointment but at  this time, it took almost one month before I was able to get my last appointment.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Moses Bee said:

My case was reaffirmed case filled in the States not directly in the Embassy.

But all the same , I scheduled my first date on October but was cancelled when I went for my interview with my wife , reason was all reaffirmed cases are not suppose to schedule an appointment on Friday . I  rescheduled again and it was cancelled again, but as for the second cancellation of this appointment I don't really know the reason why they cancelled it , so my wife addressed the issue to her congresswoman to intervene and she did. I was given a mandate to schedule a new appointment by the Embassy . I waited searching for a new appointment but at  this time, it took almost one month before I was able to get my last appointment.

My first case was reaffirmed too but that year the embassy was in charge of scheduling an appointment, it was later 2017 the embassy directed me to book a 221g appointment which I did but it was easy then. But this is a new case we filed and has been waiting over 6 weeks now and yet there is no appointment available.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, jefraylee said:

My first case was reaffirmed too but that year the embassy was in charge of scheduling an appointment, it was later 2017 the embassy directed me to book a 221g appointment which I did but it was easy then. But this is a new case we filed and has been waiting over 6 weeks now and yet there is no appointment available.

Just be patient it will be OK , a friends of mine waited one and half month before able to schedule a appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.